Senior .NET Developer – Federal Practice (DC Area)(no clearance) – POC in Listing
Posted by Steve Fisher on March 22, 2017
To apply to this job, contact Steve Fisher.
I have an opening for a Sr .Net Developer in the DC area. Position does not require a clearance. Below is the scope of work for the position. If you know anyone who might be interested, please forward this to them. Send all resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration. Semper Fi!
Senior .NET Developer – Federal Practice – DC Area
We seek an experienced Senior .NET Developer to support our customer applications, web services, and AJAX. This position will play an integral team role and will have tremendous growth opportunities.
The ideal candidate will meet with customers, model out designs and code based on requirements, work with a team to develop reports and deliver presentations to a multi-level audience on technical solutions. This position requires someone who is capable of multi-tasking and working with the entire complex enterprise structures. The candidate must understand and execute SDLC (software development life cycle) for various software applications.
- • Appling expertise in software development to solving business issues
• Designing and developing documents and tests and maintaining applications in a selected programming language or environments
• Working with analysts and customers to derive requirements for use cases/scenarios
• Determining the feasibility of design within time and cost constraints, and consulting with hardware engineers and other engineering staff to evaluate the interface between hardware and software.
• Planning, assigning work when acting in a lead role, determining designs, collecting metrics on all associated development tasks, coding, debugging, creating documentation, conducting tests and building applications on a predefined schedule.
• Producing and implementing design specifications, documenting design modifications and unit testing results
• Identifying and working with strategic and technology partners to discover new product solutions
• Planning, designing and programming functionality to interface and use SQL Server or Oracle in coordination with the Database Administrator
• Planning, designing and programming user interfaces
• Facilitating meetings to determine the validity and priority of issues found within products, both internally as well as reproduced issues logged through Technical Support
• Investigating, identifying and resolving complex code issues logged internally by our QA team and externally by our Clients through Technical Support
• Staying current with associated technology advances in the marketplace and growing skills
• Troubleshooting and resolving application issues
• May have to supervise subordinate software programmers and assist in their creation of quality software.
- BA/BS in a technical, analysis, or mathematics field
- Must successfully complete a stringent Background Investigation and obtain the required Government Security (U.S. Citizenship is a requirement).
- A minimum of 7 years of related experience, preferable in a professional services consulting company. Big 5 experience and government client experience is highly preferred.
- Demonstrates very good written and oral presentation skills and outstanding client-interaction skills.
- Thinks creatively and demonstrate the ability to work independently on a complex task with little direction, supervision, and management oversight. The incumbent should be highly motivated, a self-starter, and able to work alone or in groups.
- Proficient with MS Office programs such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint .
- Demonstrates strong experience with Microsoft technologies, to include some combination or all of the following:
o Scripting languages like PHP a plus
o C#, Web Services,Visual Studio 2005/2008 Content Versioning, AJAX
o Tools: Visual Studio .Net 2005/2008, Adobe Dreamweaver, Flash, Photoshop, Microsoft SharePoint Designer, Robohelp, Captivate, Connect
o Database Management Systems: Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle. Relational database analysis, design, performance tuning and backups.
o Microsoft Certifications (MCP preferred)
o Experience with Open source such as Pentaho a plus
Alex Horti - HRM, CRS
The Buffalo Group
Sr Talent Acquisition
571-346-3312 – office
540-903-6234 – cell
1851 Alexander Bell Drive
Reston VA 20191
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: No
- Spouse Friendly: No