Senior Java Developer
Posted by Kris Hoegel on January 3, 2018
To apply to this job, click here.
RG is looking to hire a Senior Java Developer to provide high-quality software development expertise in an Agile development environment to support our Air Force customer. As the leader of a small scrum team, a successful candidate must demonstrate a clear and practical understanding of leading and performing Java development using Agile to implement complex business rules. An understanding of Java Enterprise Edition 6 (JEE6) to create robust web applications and graphics is a must, along with an understanding of software testing principles and execution.
A Day In the Life:
To help make our customer successful, the chosen candidate can expect to be involved with or responsible for:
- Communicating with internal clients to understand business processes, gather requirements, and coordinate ongoing iterative development
- Analyzing, designing, developing, and documenting existing and future code modules
- Analyzing, diagnosing, and resolving issues
- Coordinating with other developers on the team to build and share knowledge, ensuring consistent delivery of information
- Working within established development guidelines, standards, methodologies, and conventions
- Ensuring work product aligns with requirements
How You Can Make A Difference:
This role plays an important and vital part in mission success. The ideal candidate will be in a position to apply relevant systems engineering, development skills while working as a member of the software product team, and be responsible for maintaining the software products and answering questions from the field concerning configuration and development issues as they relate to customer/client support.
A Consultant is an exempt customer-facing business professional that provides a variety of information directly to customers for their ongoing programs, new initiatives, strategic planning, and measurement/evaluation in one or more of RG’s solutions. They possess excellent customer service skills, remain current on industry trends, value team work, and have a wide range of interpersonal skills.
Technical Experience Required:
- Experience with Java 8+
- Experience using some or all of the following JEE6+ technologies to develop web based applications: Servlets, Enterprise JavaBeans, JavaServer Faces 2.x, PrimeFaces 4.x+, Apache Shiro, BIRT 4.5+, JBoss Enterprise Application Platform (EAP) 7+
- Experience with Oracle 12c SQL and PLSQL
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Experience in formal Software Development Lifecycle development efforts (including Waterfall, Spiral, and Agile)
To be successful in this role, all candidates must meet the below qualifications to be considered.
- 5+ years of Java development
- 5+ years of Java Enterprise Edition development
- 1+ years of Oracle 12c PL/SQL development
- Current NACI or the ability to obtain one
Bring the WOW Factor:
In addition to our core requirements that are an absolute must for this role, we want to highlight some of the qualifications that we consider to “Bring the WOW Factor”. Below are some of those “WOW Factors” that we would love to have, but that are not considered hard requirements to do the job.
- BA/BS Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, or related field
- Experience with UNIX (HP-UX and SunOS/Solaris preferred)
- Experience with Eclipse and TOAD
- Experience with Visual SourceSafe, Subversion, and GIT
Physical Requirements & Disclaimer:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required, only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
RG is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Disability/Veteran/VEVRAA Federal Contractor
- Location: , Alexandria, VA , United States
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: Yes
- Spouse Friendly: Yes