Senior Director, Program Leader for OptumServe, WI / VA – POC in Listing
Posted by Steve Fisher on December 6, 2018
To apply to this job, contact Steve Fisher.
Here are the full details of the position.
POC: Paige Guralski
Senior Director, Program Leader for OptumServe
Location: La Crosse, WI or McLean, VA
UnitedHealth Group is a company that’s on the rise. We’re expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn’t about another gadget, it’s about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
We are looking for a Senior Director, Program Leader within OptumServe, whose mission is to help federal agencies tackle some of the biggest challenges in health care. We partner with the Departments of Health and Human Services, Defense, Veterans Affairs and other organizations to modernize the U.S. health system and improve the health and well-being of Americans.
The Senior Director, Program Leader is responsible for managing the performance and functions of a major ($50 million dollar level) project. This entails planning, reviewing and controlling the activities and conduct of project team members and/or team leaders within the project teams charged with the analysis, requirements definition, selection, implementation and review of major information technology systems. Provide assistance in the management of contracts and budgets for projects that may involve multi-million dollar agreements.
Responsible for pre-implementation analysis and Agile process re-design affecting the business and care processes to support organizational operations, and for measuring the effectiveness of, and recommending post-implementation strategies for enhancing the usefulness of all assigned computer system application programs, technologies and systems required to support the needs of the organization. This position is responsible for providing ongoing managerial, technical and motivational leadership, in line with the organization’s values and goals, to assure the consistent delivery of high quality, cost-effective projects, solutions and service by highly qualified trained and committed professional staff.
Mentor and develop skills of other associates involved in managing and supporting projects, including Project Managers, Business Analysts and others. Provide input into the information systems vision and strategy for the organization, for delivering high quality, cost effective solutions to all levels of users. This includes support for both the technology and processes. Support the business goals and objectives for the Department, the Information Management Organization, and the organization as a whole.
· Provides input into the information system vision and strategy of the organization.
· Develops and forges a strong relationship with the client.
· Requirements Definition: Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates systems and user needs. Works with internal and external stakeholders to formulate system parameters to parallel overall business strategies. Oversees development of detailed description of user-required program functions, and steps required for developing, implementing and/or modifying computer programs.
· Provides oversight in the design and development of applications, interfaces and custom programming, and testing processes through definition of test plans, test review and analysis, test witnessing and certification of software. Familiar with Agile testing concepts, practices, and procedures.
· Plans, prioritizes, manages and schedules multiple large, complex projects, often overseeing multiple efforts and coordinating activities of other project managers. Assigns technical, supervisory, administrative and financial resources to meet approved corporate and regional project schedules and goals.
· Develops, plans and manages detailed project budgets, tracking all capital and operational expenditures and regularly reporting the budgetary status of all assigned project budgets including hardware, software and support components.
· Developing Agile technical project plans, budgets, and technical specifications.
· Interfaces with and supports staff in all areas and at all levels in the definition of requirements, selection, design, development, and implementation, of information systems. Provides technical oversight of system architectural development and technical guidance on problem definition and resolution
· Provides effective oral and written communications to staff to facilitate understanding, ownership and accomplishment of project goals and objectives. Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills, possesses good negotiating skills and promotes teamwork among IM, user, vendor and consultant team members.
· Functional Support: Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates functionality from the user perspective. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the supported applications. Understands best practices in functional area. Diagnoses application problems and issues using prescribed testing techniques. Designs and executes unit and integration test plans for business reviews. Insures documentation of business processes/flowcharts, departmental guidelines and procedures necessary to support integration of applications with business/clinical processes.
· Establishes and monitors project quality objectives, milestones and benchmarks. Develops and implements effective tools to measure performance against these standards, and to document and regularly report on all plans, priorities, schedules, budgets, team assignments, and the current status of assigned projects.
· 10+ years of successful project management/leadership experience
· Demonstrated success managing Federal IT projects in excess of $50M
· Expertise in Agile application development tools and methodologies, multiple healthcare information systems applications and technical platforms
· Understanding of the health care industry and business/clinical disciplines
· Vision, understanding of healthcare trends and technology impacts
· Bachelor degree in computer science, information systems or a related field or equivalent experience (minimum 10 years)
· Advanced Information Systems or Business degree
Optum, a part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, continues to evolve and make a bigger impact through its extensive expertise in combining technology, data and people to create novel health care solutions and services across the globe. OptumServe is following suit by creating and delivering care that meets the health needs of active duty service members, veterans and their families. We’re partnering with federal and state government agencies to meet the readiness and health needs of active duty military members and veterans by providing preventive health screenings and assessments to ensure that troops are ready to answer the call of duty. For those who want to intensify their impact in a career that brings together challenge, learning and growth, OptumServe is the right place to do your life’s best work.(sm)
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: No
- Spouse Friendly: No