Senior Contract Specialists (Aberdeen Proving Ground MD) – POC in Listing
Posted by Steve Fisher on December 7, 2017
To apply to this job, contact Steve Fisher.
* Senior Contract Specialists
The Senior Contract Specialists will provide support to ACC-APG, to accomplish a range of mission support functions including, but not limited to preaward and postaward contracting functions in accordance and consistent with the FAR, the Department of Defense FAR Supplement (DFARS), the Department of the Army FAR Supplement (AFARS), ACC Deskbook, ACC Mapping the Acquisition and Procurement Process Application (MAPP APP) , Acquisition Instructions (AI), divisional policies and any other applicable regulations, policies and/or directives through OSD, Army, or ACC.
US Citizens Only Please
Favorable Background/Investigation Check Required
And the following:
* Ten (10) years of experience as a 1102 series– Contract Specialist within the Federal Government
* Possession of DAWIA Level III certification or equivalent such as Federal Acquisition Certification in Contracting (FAC-C level III). Personnel who meet the grandfathering exception provisions outlined in the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) – 1102 series description may be considered for work under this requirement.
* B.A./B.S. Degree or higher in a Business-related field
* Ten (10) years of experience in supporting documentation such as, but not limited to the following: Pre-negotiation Objective Memorandum (POM), Price Negotiation Memorandum (PNM), Engineering Change Proposal (ECP), J&A, and closeouts.
* Knowledgeable in the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and Department of Defense FAR Supplement (DFARS)
* Has possessed or possesses a minimum 12 Grade Level as an 1102.
Individuals with prior contracting experience supporting ACC-APG AFARS, MAPP APP, AI, and/or other applicable regulations, policies and/or directives through OSD, Army, or ACC encouraged to apply
Senior Contract Specialists shall provide contracting support services such as, but not limited to, the following:
Pre-Award Tasks and Duties:
* Assists the Contracting Officer with developing procurement objectives for the program in terms of competition and price range, and supports the construction of the contractual vehicle including use of pricing arrangements, subcontracting policy, set-aside policies, and similar considerations.
* Assists the Contracting Officer in the preparation and maintains current acquisition plans, appropriate milestone charts, and related schedules.
* Serves as advisor to program officials in procurement planning meetings. Advises program officials of the potential procurement objectives to be considered, and assists in the preparation of statements of work or performance work statements.
* Assists in developing draft Request for Quotes (RFQs), Request for Proposals (RFPs), and/or Combined Synopsis/Solicitations using the Government Procurement Automated Data & Document Systems (PADDS) for Contracting Officer approval. Ensures the solicitation includes all appropriate solicitation terms and conditions. Prior to release of solicitation, verify that funds are available and ensure a Government employee has received legal concurrence. Release solicitation by electronic posting, email, fax or mail upon approval by the Contracting Officer.
* Prepares determinations and findings and solicitation documents for Contracting Officer approval.
* Assists with source selection procedures, e.g. by ensuring that Conflict of Interest/Nondisclosure forms are signed, files prepared for the pre-award decisions are complete, neat, and organized in accordance with the policy, and files are properly organized to facilitate post-award reviews and administration.
* Performs detailed analyses of all elements of cost in contractor proposals.
* Assist in conducting pre-proposal conference(s) with prospective contractor(s) to arrive at a clear understanding of what is required under the proposed contract. Obtains appropriate data from business and technical officials.
* Assists with the development of a negotiation strategy, coordinates strategy with negotiation team, and assists the Contracting Officer in executing the negotiations. Assists in preparing final contract award documents for task and delivery orders and stand-alone contracts, and COR designation letters. Distributes contract to appropriate parties. Inputs award data into PADDS. Prepares draft award announcements for electronic posting and draft Congressional Notifications in accordance with FAR and DFARS requirements and local guidance.
* Prepares Determination and Findings (D&Fs), Justification and Approvals (J&As), and other necessary contract file documents for appropriate Government signature.
* Prepares final contract award documents for task and delivery orders and stand-alone contracts in PADDS/PD2, and COR designation letters. Ensures Government employee has received legal concurrence. Prepares draft award announcements for electronic posting and draft Congressional Notifications in accordance with FAR and DFARS requirements and local guidance. Distribute contract to appropriate parties.
* Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDAs) will be signed with all companies that the Contractor will have access to its proprietary data. This will protect such data from unauthorized use or disclosure as long as it remains proprietary.
* Establishes and maintains an up-to-date contract file in Paperless Contract Files (PCF). All working documents and Memorandum For Records (MFRs) shall be in PCF as drafts for each action and entered into the Virtual Contracting Enterprise-Acquisition Management (VCE-AM)
* Prepares appropriate documentation for contract modifications, including exercise of options, using PADDS/PD2. Assist in monitoring contractor performance, including schedules and milestones. Assist in monitoring contractor compliance with terms of the contract. Assist in the preparation of incentive and award fees. Assist in the resolution of performance problems. Prepare stop work orders, cure notices, or show cause letters for issuance by Contracting Officer. Provide support for assessing contract claims and preparing termination settlement documents. Assist in the approval of contract closeout.
* Providing support for assessing contract claims and preparing termination settlement documents. Provide daily accomplishments.
HOW TO APPLY
1) Please detail your resume articulating the your experience and technologies used pursuant to the above sited requirements. Resumes that do not clearly articulate experience will not be considered.
2) Resumes must contain:
– your direct contact information (email + cell + home ph.)
– the day/date/times you are available to interview
– you are availability to support this contract beginning in June of 2018
3) A Word copy of your resume is required no PDFs. For immediate consideration, kindly email your resume to Jerri.Thomas@RiVidium.com ATTN: APG/Senior Contract Specialist
Thank you in advance for your time.
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: No
- Spouse Friendly: No