Senior Budget Analyst (OSD)
We are seeking a senior level budget analyst to support an on-going contract within the Office of Secretary of Defense. The ideal candidate is detail orientated, with a minimum of 10 years’ experience as a budget analyst supporting DoD programs, and demonstrated ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced executive level office. The candidate must have a Secret clearance, Top Secret highly preferred.
- Provides Advisory & Assistance Services (A&AS) support to the CBDP Resource Manager responsible for the program integration, analysis, execution and assessment of the resource management functions for the Chemical and Biological Defense Program
- Assists the CBDP Resource Manager with the oversight of the annual $1.2 billion dollar Defense-wide account throughout all phases of execution.
- Participates and provides recommendations to Planning, Programming, Budget and Execution (PPBE) activities.
- Assists the DASD(CBD) in the conduct of strategic budgetary planning and execution for CBDP Program Objective Memorandum builds: responsible for program integration and management planning for DASD(CBD) programs of responsibility. Supports financial analyses to include execution reviews at appropriate times in the PPBS cycle and recommends corrective actions. Oversees, analyzes and provides recommendations for DASD positions on reports and studies which highlight budget irregularities or potential program issues.
- Provides advice on the DoD programming, acquisition, business financial and administrative policies, precedents, goals, and objectives. Maintains a detailed and complete working knowledge base of all DoD and OMB financial regulations; acquisition regulations, CBDP programs and projects for the Joint Services’ demonstration, validation, engineering, manufacturing, and procurement phases.
- Supports principal decision processes by initiating, maintaining, modifying and developing databases and information sources in order to perform programmatic analysis, prioritization and evaluation in order to provide decision-makers options for program management issues.
- Represents ODASD(CBD) at meetings and other program reviews, as required
- Provides assistance in the development of responses to Congressional inquiries, Government Accountability Office Audits, and DoD Inspector General Reports.
- Engages in strategic planning for the CBDP at Department and/or program levels. At the Department level supports development of the chemical and biological defense input to OSD national security policy requests, Defense Planning Guidance, CB defense fiscal guidance allocation, and development of OSD CB Defense Program Strategy Guidance to develop the Program Objective Memorandum (POM); coordinates planning activities; and reviews the CB defense program for compliance with guidance. At the program level, establishes priorities, evaluates alternatives, oversees funding requirements, and assesses programmatic feasibility. Assesses program deficiencies and recommends remedies.
- Ensures the Director, Resource Management is abreast of current congressional actions to the CBDP. Maintains liaison with executives of Military Services responsible for specific CB defense equipment development, and other Government Agencies and Departments, industry, professional and technical associations and academia relevant to assigned responsibilities. Builds coalitions and communicates both orally and in writing on a daily basis with senior military and civilian leaders with DoD, other Federal Agencies, industry, and universities.
- Assists in the oversight of the preparation of the CBDP Annual DoD Reports to Congress. Prepares testimony and supporting documentation for DoD appearances at congressional hearings. Independently prepares responses to congressional inquiries, General Accounting Office surveys and investigations, DoD Inspector General reviews, and similar matters.
- Must be able to hold a SECRET clearance with the ability to obtain a TS Clearance
- Must have experience with DODD 5000.2 and the acquisition process and understand the process from scientific research and technology development though engineering, testing, fielding, and sustainment.
- Must possess expert knowledge of the DoD PPBE process, especially for an acquisition program, from Congressional enactment through the Treasury to the Department of Defense and the ODASD(CBD).
- Must be experienced and knowledgeable in programming and budgeting for acquisition programs (research, development, test and evaluation and procurement funding). Must possess working knowledge of policies, processes, procedures, and regulations governing budgetary processes.
- Must thoroughly understand the DoD Planning, Programming, Budgeting, and Execution Systems (PPBES), its process, products, terminology, and guidance documents (e.g., Program Objective Memorandum (POM), Five Year Defense Plan (FYDP), Defense Guidance, Joint Strategic Planning Systems)
- Must have strong Excel, database, pivot table, and PowerPoint abilities
Highly Desirable Attributes
- Experience working with OSD Comptroller/Service Comptrollers - Experience working at/with CBDP Component (JRO/JSTO/JPEO/DUSA T&E)
- Skilled oral and written communicator
- Ability to facilitate working groups and negotiate a consensus among diverse interests and discordant opinions from the various Military Services and OSD Offices with equities
- Knowledge of contracting procedures
- Knowledge of Congressional, Government Accountability Office, and DoD Inspector General reporting procedures
- Must have a can-do attitude with the initiative to accomplish tasks with little or no direction
- Experience working on or with a military Service headquarters staff or OSD staff
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, Masters desired
- DAWIA Certification or PMP desired
Please send resume to:
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: Yes
- Spouse Friendly: No