Posted by WBBOC on January 6, 2014
To apply to this job, click here.
WBB is a technical and management consulting company that provides innovative products and services that solve government and commercial customer’s toughest problems. For more than 30 years, WBB has set the standard for excellence in consulting services, while providing its employees with an outstanding work environment with ample opportunities for growth and success. WBB continues to enjoy impressive growth, which is directly attributed to the company’s hiring practice of always hiring the very best professionals from government, military and industry.
This part time senior analyst position is expected to provide internal program management, proposal development, and business development support to WBB and its partners as well as operational analysis support to external Marine Corps clients. The primary external Marine Corps clients this position will support are the Ellis Group and the Analysis Division both located at Quantico within DC, CD&I.
The Ellis Group is the Commandant’s dedicated planning and analysis cell that proactively guides the development of operational concepts, CONOPS and capabilities that are relevant to Geographic Combatant Commanders (COCOMs). It addresses the challenges and opportunities-both operational and institutional—of how the Corps fights as a MAGTF, naval, joint, interagency and combined force in the 21st Century. This group helps advance the joint and naval operational art in the face of increasingly sophisticated Anti-Access/Area-Denial (A2/AD) and hybrid threats. It also serves as the key catalyst for naval collaboration on the single naval battle approach, integration with Special Operations Command (SOCOM) and institutional change to include education, training, experimentation, fleet exercises and wargaming.
The Marine Corps is taking critical steps needed to shape itself for an “increasingly volatile and uncertain future.” The Marine Corps Studies System (MCSS) provides key analytic insights for maintaining the nation’s “force in readiness.” The MCSS is governed by Marine Corps Order (MCO) 3902.1D under the auspices of the Operations Analysis Division (OAD), Marine Corps Combat Development Command (MCCDC). The MCSS provides independent, objective, and unbiased analysis focused on current, mid and long range issues that support the overall objectives of the Marine Corps including the Marine Operating Forces, the Joint Capabilities Integration and Development System (JCIDS), and the Marine Corps Force Development System (MCFDS). The MCSS dedicates required resources (organic and contracted) to respond to technical complex challenges faced by today’s Corps. It helps shape the future direction of the Marine Corps and helps determine future requirements based on hard facts and science. The MCSS provides the means and measures through which requirements are turned into capabilities. These efforts are primarily in the form of studies and analyses. The resultant products provide the basis for senior leaders to make informed decisions for today and well into the future.
Job Description Responsibilities:
- * Part time support position; anticipate ~ 20 hours / week
- * Support research and development of Marine Corps concept papers focused on future operational concepts and contexts
- * Coordinate, execute, and trouble shoot enhancements to Microsoft Excel VBA based ship employment model
- * Coordinate, execute, and trouble shoot enhancements to Microsoft Excel VBA based operational vignette model
- * Employ Ship Loading and Analysis Tool
- * Coordinate virtual and face-to-face conferences and meetings
- * Coordinate and transition program management support to Marine Corps Lessons Learned
- * Support business development initiatives with weekly visits to MCCDC and the Pentagon
- * Support proposal development as a USMC SME and/or as an operations analyst SME
- * Provide SME and operational analysis support to projected prepositioning study
- * Research and employ new methodologies/technologies to assist with analysis
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- * Retired Marine Corps field grade combat arms officer
- * Masters’ Degree in Operations Analysis
- * 3-5 years of experience in business development
- * 5-7 years of experience in operations analysis support
- * Project management experience
- * 2-3 years USMC concept development, writing, and analysis
- * Current SECRET security clearance.
- * Experience with MS Excel VBA models
- * Experience with Seabasing concept and analysis
- * Experience with Prepositioning concept and analysis
- * Experience with Amphibious inventory analysis
- * Experience with Marine Corps Lessons Learned system
- * Possess senior level, hands-on knowledge of project management
- * Experience at the HQMC, OSD, Joint Staff, COCOM or equivalent level.
- * Tour within MCCDC with experience in the MCFDS
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- * Operational deployments to OIF or OEF
- * Experience with the Global Force Management (GFM) system
- * Experience supporting Joint and Allied operational requirements
- * Staff experience within PP&O or P&R
- * Published writer
Job Title: Senior Analyst
Work Location: Stafford, VA
Minimum Security Clearance level: Secret
Key Words: USMC operations, operational concepts, operations analysis, global force management, Seabasing, prepositioning,
We are proud of our diverse environment and are an Equal Opportunity Employer. WBB is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. WBB participates in E-Verify.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/w2jvwyf
- Location: , Stafford, Virginia , US
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: No
- Spouse Friendly: No