Security Cooperation/Reform Advisors & Policy Analysts (Senior, Mid, and Junior), Combatant Commands, Active Clearance (S/TS) Required – POC in Listing
Posted by Steve Fisher on March 12, 2019
To apply to this job, contact Steve Fisher.
Sarah Leppert | Senior Business Development Manager
Management Systems International | A Tetra Tech Company
Arlington, VA USA | T: (703) 979-7100 ext. 309 | M: (320) 339-6631 | Skype: sarahleppert
To apply: Please visit our website, https://chc.tbe.taleo.net/chc01/ats/careers/v2/applyRequisition?org=MSI&cws=51&rid=6582
Security Cooperation/Reform Advisors & Policy Analysts (Senior, Mid, and Junior): Department of Defense Assessment, Monitoring and Evaluation (AM&E) Activities
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of strategic planning, monitoring and evaluation (M&E), building capacity for citizen-responsive governance in global hotspots and anti-corruption innovations. MSI has implemented U.S. government-funded development initiatives in 90 countries, including Jordan, Egypt, Pakistan, Afghanistan and Iraq, through intensive coordination with overseas diplomatic missions. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
You’ve witnessed the good, the bad, and the ugly across the security cooperation enterprise. This is your chance to channel your first-hand experience into positive contributions supporting U.S. efforts to achieve interoperability with our partner nations. MSI is building a team of Security Cooperation Assistance (SCA) and Reform advisers & policy analysts to support the Office of the Undersecretary of Defense – Policy (OUSD-P) and the Defense Security Cooperation Agency (DSCA). This team will support military planners with the achievement of U.S.-led security capacity building efforts worldwide. Goals include 1) establishing and maintaining interoperability with partner nations; 2) fostering cooperation across diplomatic, economic and development interests; 3) assistance with peacekeeping operations; and 4) justice sector reform. MSI’s SCA Advisors will support OUSD-P with initial assessments and theories of change; planning activities across the range of SCA operations; and ultimately leading the implementation of monitoring and evaluation systems to improve U.S. returns on SCA investment. Travel and/or relocation throughout the geographic combatant commands’ area of responsibility and/or the Pentagon will be required. Assignments may be short or long-term. The anticipated start date will likely be late FY 2019.
· Support strategic planning activities.
· Develop and implement innovative monitoring and evaluation approaches.
· Recommend courses of action to improve U.S.-funded SCA/reform return on investment.
· Perform support activities in a timely, cost-effective and efficient manner while maintaining excellent quality of service delivery.
· Mobilize to support Combatant Commands in the development and assessment of Initial Design Documents for SCA/reform initiatives.
· Create and apply lessons learned derived from monitoring and evaluation activities.
· Design and delivery of training solutions across the security cooperation enterprise.
· Policy analysis support.
· 2+ years of successful leadership experience within the OUSD-P, Combatant Commands, Defense Security Cooperation Agency, Bureau of Political-Military Affairs, Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement, other relevant federal agencies.
· 2+ years as a military planner supporting on one or more of the following programs: FMF, INCLE, ASFF, ISFF, PCCG, CRSP, 1033, 1004, PKO, GSCF, NADAR, CCIF, CTFP, IMET, Section 1206 or other relevant program.
· 2+ years with the National Guard State Partnership Program
· 2+ years as a policy analyst with the DoD.
· Expert situational awareness concerning the political, military, economic, social, information and infrastructure factors comprising the following countries: Israel, Egypt, Jordan, Iraq, Pakistan, Afghanistan and Africa Contingency Operations Training and Assistance countries.
· Master’s degree required.
· Secret clearance required.
· Top secret clearance preferred.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: No
- Spouse Friendly: No