Safety System Analyst III
Posted by Elaine Villegas on October 12, 2017
To apply to this job, click here.
Provide research and technical support to a team tasked with the support of senior–level DoD and Service representatives on system safety or Environment, Safety, and Occupational Health (ESOH) implementation. Work in a dynamic team environment of client and contract staff to leverage and apply system safety or ESOH and acquisition policy experience. Help execute comprehensive system safety programs or individual tasks, including plans, analyses, assessments, and evaluations. Analyze data, develop written deliverables, and assist with the presentation of results. Assist with the review of client system safety or ESOH documents to verify compliance with requirements, policy, and guidance documents. Focus on completing client work in accordance with established plans and quality standards.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The Systems Safety Analyst responsibilities include:
- Provide system safety assessments, documenting (in writing) all system safety and assessment findings, and performing development and staffing of System Safety Assessment Reports, Risk Acceptance Letters, Hazard Logs, Safety Releases and supportive documentation.
- When applicable, develop and recommend a Programmatic Environmental, Safety, and Health Evaluation (PESHE).
- System safety analysis of hardware and software for a Marine Corps Command and Control (C2) system in accordance with MIL-STD-882.
- Review and analyze system safety management and program plans, accident and incident reports, mishap investigations, test plans, technical manuals, test results, demonstration plans, training materials, and Environment, Safety, and Occupational Health (ESOH) documentation.
- Organize and lead ESOH working groups. Develop meeting minutes as requested.
- Support the review of Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs).
- Support the development, analysis, and validation of requirements, to include traceability. Provide analysis-based systems safety recommendations.
- Provide systems safety input in support of the coordination and development of Systems Engineering Technical Reviews (SETR).
- Provides system safety input to technical oversight of research, development, design, and integration efforts.
- Assist in identifying, assessing, and documenting technical risks.
Skylla Engineering Ltd is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Background Check Required
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
- Excellent analytical skills
- Understanding of Marine Corps Systems Command systems safety processes
- Broad understanding of system engineering management processes and experience in system engineering practices
- Ability to work in a face paced environment
- Excellent customer facing and internal communications skills
- Effective writing skills
- Excellent MS Office skills to include, but not limited to MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint.
- Experience working in a Marine Corps Systems Command Program Office or similar organization
- Excellent technical communications skills, and understanding of the Marine Corps mission.
- Experienced understanding of the following:
- Executive Order 12114
- Marine Corps Order (MCO) P5090.2A
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in a technical discipline.
- 5 – 7 years of systems safety experience, preferably in a MCSC program office, and familiarity with C2 programs
- Location: , STAFFORD, VA 22554, United States
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: Yes
- Spouse Friendly: No