RFMSS Scheduler – Okinawa, Japan
Posted by firstname.lastname@example.org on September 14, 2018
To apply to this job, click here.
The RFMSS Scheduler is the interface between the Range Control Facility (RCF), the customer, and using units via RFMSS. This position requires involvement in a variety of actions that are related to training activity-planning and scheduling concepts. The RFMSS Scheduler reports to the Project Manager and receives work direction derivatives from the government Range Manger.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the RFMSS scheduling module which includes the two-week calendar, range control request number identification lookup, range bulletin, request processing, request templates, communication log, and co-use agreements.
- Review and provide recommendations for Government approval in RFMSS of all training requests for range and training areas.
- Schedule all training area maintenance activities in RFMSS in accordance with the Range Control Officer’s maintenance schedule.
- Resolve scheduling, safety, and environmental conflicts that are highlighted in RFMSS in accordance with installation range SOPs.
- Deliver range bulletins and scheduling reports.
- Utilize the RFMSS reports module (Airspace, Scheduling, Summary, Utilization, Down Range, Incident and Ad-Hoc reports) to meet RCF monthly reporting requirements.
- Proficient with Surface Danger Zone (SDZ) creation and be familiar with military weapon systems.
- Responsible for correspondence with military units on issues concerning scheduled training.
- Process deviation requests for Military/Civilian personnel for military training participation and/or observation.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Graduate of the MarineNet Range Safety Course.
- Graduate of the RFMSS course.
- Graduate of the Inter-Service Range Safety Course (preferred).
- Ideal candidate is a former Marine who has experience working in the Range Control community.
- Minimum of one-year experience using RFMSS.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Able to read, write, and communicate effectively in English.
- Proficient in computer applications such as Windows 2000/XP and MS Office.
- Familiarity with operational coordination and facility management programs.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational, planning, and prioritization skills in support of rapidly changing scheduling and staffing.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Required to sit or stand for extended periods of time and maintain focus.
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: Yes
- Spouse Friendly: No