Range Systems Inspector
Posted by firstname.lastname@example.org on March 8, 2018
To apply to this job, click here.
Under the Training & Education Capabilities Division within TECOM, the Range and Training Area Management (RTAM) Branch sponsors, develops, executes, and manages the Marine Corps Range Program and represents the interests of Marine Corps training ranges in DOD, inter-service, and international forums. RTAM identifies, validates, and prioritizes institutional range system requirements to provide a single, integrated program for POM consideration and then provides the ranges and range systems, training range and airspace management and control services, and associated policies in order to ensure that both the Operating Forces and Supporting Establishment have access to safe, modernized, and well-maintained ranges that support live combat training throughout the training continuum. TECOM requires contracted support to assist in the coordination and support for the development, planning, programming and sustainment of complex ranges and designated training systems.
The Range Systems Inspector shall provide development, planning and sustainment support to RTAM by working in concert with resident System Support Officers (SSOs) to analyze live training systems fielding, operation and associated sustainment activities in order to determine trends and develop approaches and methods to improve live training systems support to USMC personnel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Live Range/Systems Employment Support:
- Prepare information briefings and decision documentation, examining the linkages between range and training area live training systems and unit training objectives in order to optimize the utilization of RTAM sponsored assets.
- Provide subject matter expertise to the government for the development, planning, programming, and execution of RTAM sponsored live range training systems. This shall include project coordination under the direction of a government employee. This includes, but is not limited to: attending project meetings, preparing submissions for environmental reviews or maintenance work orders.
- Prepare reports, presentations and charts that support Doctrine, Organization, Training, Materiel, Leadership and Education, Personnel and Facilities (DOTMLPF) requirements analysis for existing and future live training systems.
- Prepare semiannual training resource gap assessment presentations and reports in support of TECOM live training resources. Gap assessments shall identify areas where shortfalls exist, at all ranges in current live training systems inventories.
- Provide using units with concept of employment briefs and coordinate the employment of minor training devices such as Portable Infantry Target Systems (PITS), Instrumented Tactical Engagement Simulation System (I-TESS) and Battlefield Effects (BFX).
- High School Diploma Required – Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- Experience as USMC SNCO or above desired
CORE SKILLS/ COMPETENCIES
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of Marine Corps live range training systems to include the requirements generation process, training system acquisition process and the operations and sustainment of live range training systems.
- Familiarity with the Marine Corps Base where work is conducted and must be capable of working in a military staff environment that requires coordination both internally and externally with installation commands and with TECOM.
- Familiarity with and adherence to established command and staff procedures, especially those involving staff coordination and chain of command.
- Required to sit for extended periods of time and maintain focus.
- Required to walk ranges in harsh weather conditions on a regular basis.
- May be required to life awkward sized items weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Daily travel in local area during work day (including use of personal vehicle).
SPECIAL POSITION NOTATIONS
- Requires 0% – 5% travel.
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: No
- Spouse Friendly: No