Public Private Partnership (PPP) Consultant – Short term
Posted by Linda Aines on May 19, 2017
To apply to this job, contact Linda Aines.
Title: Public Private Partnership (PPP) Consultant for Health Sector Resiliency
Location: Kabul, Afghanistan
Start Date and Duration: ASAP, this short term consultancy will be approximately 90 days from start until end of Oct 2017 and at least 3 trips to Afghanistan
Purpose of Position
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits. For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90-plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved –- and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
The goal of the Health Sector Resiliency Project is to support the Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan (GIRoA) to foster a strengthened, reformed, and increasingly self-reliant Afghan health system prepared for the decreased donor support anticipated over the coming decade. The HSR Project acts as a resource and a catalyst to the MoPH and other GIRoA entities as it considers and implements critical sector-wide reforms that are required to make the system more resilient and sustainable. The HSR Project is a five-year, $37+M project that primarily focuses on governance, health finance and human resources for health and engages both the public and private components of the health sector. Futures Group is partnering with IntraHealth, Panagora, Thinkwell, The Liaison Office (TLO) and SADEC to implement the HSR project but the team also collaborates closely with the MoPH, EC WB, SEHAT and other stakeholders to ensure synergies and avoid duplication.
HSR builds on the accomplishments of other USAID projects including the COMPRI-A project and Health Policy Project – specifically improving the private sector policy environment, building the capacity of key MoPH departments such as Private Sector Coordination, Health Economics and Finance, Licensing and streamlining and improving health sector systems such as the National Health Accounts, Expenditure Management Information System (EMIS), hospital Public-Private Partnership (PPP) procurement processes, implementing private hospital Minimum Required Standards (MRS) to ensure safety and quality, private sector HMIS, and the private health center licensing process.
HSR builds the capacity of the MoPH to design, negotiate and manage PPPs. HSR is providing technical assistance to the PPP Unit to, among other things, develop individual and organizational capacity of the unit; create supportive environment to enable required PPP activities within Afghanistan’s policy and legal framework; develop health PPP strategic and operations/administrative documents; support the MoPH communication and public relations and M&E-related activities
- 1. Primary Responsibilities:
Building on the work previously done in PPPs, the consultant will continue to strengthen the capacity of the MoPH to design, negotiate and manage PPPs.
Specifically, the Consultant will provide technical assistance in the following areas:
1) Assist with capacity assessment and subsequent development and implementation of a PPP capacity development plan for the MoPH PPP unit (both individual and organizational);
2) Provide on-the-job training and mentoring/coaching support to the PPP unit staff;
3) Support the PPP Unit in development of the health sector PPP Strategic Plan;
4) Provide technical assistance in finalization and implementation of the PPP Communication Strategic Plan;
5) Provide technical support to the PPP unit in finalization of the PPP Investment Promotion Strategic Plan;
6) Assist with development of the PPP M&E Plan;
7) Support the PPP unit in finalization of the standard bidding documents and templates including for REoI/RFQ, RFPs;
8) Any other support as identified by the project leadership.
- 2. Qualifications Requirements:
- Master’s Degree in a related field;
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in health or other development sectors;
- At least 5 years of experience with Public Private Partnerships (PPPs) is required; at least 2 years hospital PPP experience desired;
- Experience in development and implementation of policies, guidelines and strategic plans (for minimum of 3 projects);
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent written and verbal English language skills,
- Multiple country work experience is required
- 3. Submission guidelines:
Interested candidates should submit their current resume with a cover letter: to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Public Private Partnership (PPP) Consultant” in the Subject line.
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: No
- Spouse Friendly: No