Posted by Kris Hoegel on September 21, 2017
To apply to this job, click here.
RGServicesCorp, an RG subsidiary, is looking to hire a Program Manager to support our Avaya customer. This role will be critical in supporting our customer’s overarching mission of Implementation and customer support.
A Day In the Life:
To help make our customer successful, the chosen candidate can expect to be involved with or responsible for Program Management tasks such as:
- Establishing and managing project plan, including the development schedule, delivery schedule, and resource requirements
- Reporting on project progress at established intervals to the customer and company management
- Establishing project structure and resourcing plans, and managing the resourcing process, which may include selection of personnel from partners and customers
- Leading and motivating a project team; setting goals, objectives and priorities; assigning and reviewing work
- Acting as primary interface with the customer on issues regarding the project deliverables
- Ensuring customer reviews are held, including the customer user community
- Ensuring that all deliverables defined in the statement of work are delivered on-time, within budget and at an acceptable level of quality
- Obtaining customer acceptance on key milestones throughout the project life cycle including project closure
- Acting as primary interface to subcontractors supplying either product or service
- Ensuring that approved methods, processes and tools are consistently followed using Avaya’s documented Global Project Management Methodology specifically in relation to change control and risk management
- Being accountable for meeting project schedule and results as well as for the customer satisfaction and the quality of the deliverable
- Managing the development and implementation of program control strategies and plans such as Action Register, Change Control Plan, Communications Plan, Detailed Project Plan, Lessons Learned/Carried Forward, Risk Analysis and Contingency Plans, Revenue Closure Plan
How You Can Make A Difference:
This role plays an important and vital part in mission success. The ideal candidate will be in a position to impact Account Management and Control. This candidate must be comfortable in developing a business relationship with the client that allows the candidate to become a trusted resource for all items that would touch the clients telecommunications needs currently and for future planning. They will have access to but not management of all necessary resources to provide this support and will be involved with the sales team for planning. While it will ultimately be the sales team’s responsibility to sell to the client, the candidate will be expected to support these efforts in their day to day interaction with the client. Candidate must be comfortable providing the client information that requires the client to make buying decisions when required. It is anticipated that the candidate will do this with the sales team but that the candidate will be considered by the client a trusted resource that will have the client’s best interest at heart. As such, any concerns around this issue will be addressed away from the client so that a unified approach may be taken and the candidate’s credibility always maintained.
A Consultant is an exempt customer-facing business professional that provides a variety of information directly to customers for their ongoing programs, new initiatives, strategic planning, and measurement/evaluation in one or more of RG’s solutions. They possess excellent customer service skills, remain current on industry trends, value team work, and have a wide range of interpersonal skills.
To be successful in this role, all candidates must meet the below qualifications to be considered.
- 7+ years of experience in large/complex Project or Program Management support in the telecommunications, messaging, computer industries and/or related technology segments
- Demonstrated experience in managing large, complex programs/projects, including financial responsibilities
- Demonstrated experience in leading cross-functional teams of technical professionals in a highly matrix environment
- PMP Certified
Bring the WOW Factor:
In addition to our core requirements that are an absolute must for this role, we want to highlight some of the qualifications that we consider to “Bring the WOW Factor”. Below are some of those “WOW Factors” that we would love to have, but that are not considered hard requirements to do the job.
- BA/BS Degree
- Working knowledge of Avaya equipment
- Additional IP/telecommunications certifications
- Bi-lingual (Spanish)
- Customer relationship management
Physical Requirements & Disclaimer:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required, only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
RG is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Disability/Veteran/VEVRAA Federal Contractor
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: No
- Spouse Friendly: Yes