|Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Top Secret/SCI clearance is required.
- The College Faculty analyzes designs, develops, implements, evaluates, and instructs, the assigned topic-focused curriculum presentations, lectures, classes, courses, seminars, and special events related to JSOU education projects/programs.
- Advances the professional body of knowledge through relevant conference and symposia attendance, presentation, panel participation or through relevant research and publishing.
- Provides professional curriculum and instruction, research and writing, student support, and course leadership for the SOCOM Enterprise.
- Facilitates and lead the lesson (course) analysis and the design efforts ensuring the learning objectives, outcomes, and assessments support the related project’s or program’s objectives, meet the assigned education level standards (graduate or undergraduate), and are directly related to the goals and strategic plans of USSOCOM and JSOU.
- Builds, delivers, evaluates, and updates, all assigned topic-focused lessons (or course) and related materials per the JSOU Faculty Handbook and all necessary distributed or distance learning content.
- Prepares and presents to JSOU’s governance committees all materials to meet JSOU’s curriculum review in accordance with JSOU’s Faculty Handbook.
- Prepares, collects, and reports education-related data on instruction, assessments, and students as required by institutional effectiveness and as assigned by the department.
- Transfers knowledge to the DOD, interagency, and academic communities through purposeful outreach (e.g. collaborative research, seminars, workshops, lectures, websites, publications).
- Supports other JSOU faculty and the SOCOM enterprise through curriculum workshop participation, curriculum review, proofing, and critiquing curriculum materials, lectures, presentations, draft publications, or other staffed documents.
- TOP SECRET/SCI clearance required.
- A terminal degree is required in a discipline correlating with prescribed topic; e.g., PhD in International relations, National Security Strategy, Security Studies, Strategic Communications, Political Science, International Affairs, Counterterrorism, Anthropology, History, etc.
- MA/MS Degree from a regionally accredited U.S. college/university or internationally recognized college/university.
- 15 years’ special operations or direct special operations experience; e.g., leadership position or corollary topic-focused professional experience within the special operations community; with service at the unified, sub-unified, or component command level or interagency role supporting the SOCOM Enterprise.
- 3 years’ post-secondary faculty experience and experience with classroom delivery techniques to include distributed and distance learning desired.
- Ability to develop, deliver, and manage curriculum through LMS (Blackboard)