Principal Systems Engineer III (Pocatello, ID) (TS/SCI req’d) – POC in Listing
Posted by Steve Fisher on August 13, 2019
To apply to this job, contact Steve Fisher.
Title: Principal Systems Engineer III
***** Email Jack at firstname.lastname@example.org *****
Bluehawk is looking for a Principal Systems Engineer – Work location is in Idaho – Pocatello.
About the Project
Set against a Rocky Mountain backdrop in south-eastern Idaho, Pocatello Idaho is uniquely positioned as an emerging high-tech city heading into 2020. The FBI’s new $100 million-dollar high tech facility. Pocatello is the gateway to a number of beautiful outdoor attractions including Yellowstone National Park, Grand Teton National Park, Grand Targhee Ski Resort, Mesa Falls, Jackson Hole, Wyoming skiing, Sun Valley skiing, Craters of the Moon, Salt Lake City, World Famous Fly Fishing and Mountain bike trails. If you are looking for a career with a cutting-edge technology firm, an excellent quality of life, and outdoor adventure, we’d like to hear from you.
The Principal Systems Engineer III (VMWare) shall be responsible for design, deployment, testing, certification, patching, addressing interoperability issues of all VMware components to include the hypervisor, vSphere, NSX, vRealize Suite, and Site Recovery Manager.
- Design, implement and provide ongoing support of the on premise hybrid and cloud
- Serves as the subject matter expert (SME) for all VMware environments.
- Create and maintain an on premise cloud, software defined data center infrastructure for both bare-metal and virtual machines with the appropriate SAN, network, or local storage configurations, using both OEM and third party tools that include virtual storage tools and
- Manually and automated provision/configure of all required resources for
- Evaluate, improve, and maintain the information security throughout the virtualized
- Monitor and correct critical storage issues and create recovery processes and hardware for failures and performance
- Install, configure, test and maintain system management tools, infrastructure and server plugins
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks, such as automated provisioning storage with Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS).
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems.
- Provide 4th level support
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- Ensure technical documentation exists for all systems and is kept up to date to include inventory and patch levels of all systems to include hostnames, property numbers, IP addresses, enclave, number of cores, number of processors, admin passwords, certificates, and service accounts on a monthly
- Integrate systems with Windows and Linux as it applies to core service dependencies. Engineer and implement solutions for multi factor authentication with FBI standardized software and
- Shall document system configurations to include passwords, access controls, version number, and revision numbers, patch levels, and inventory to include hostnames, TCP/IP addresses, number of processors, and number of cores, memory, and license
- Continually transition knowledge to the government staff through training and assistance on how to use the technology using industry best practices.
- Provide real-time reporting of provisioned and non-provisioned and utilized resources to include performance metrics for availability, performance and trends.
- VMware Data Center Virtualization and Cloud Management and Automation certification
10 years of experience
Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Bluehawk, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
EOE Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
BlueHawk Human Resources
1400 Centrepark Boulevard, Suite 1005
West Palm Beach, FL 33401
Bluehawk, LLC is an intelligence services firm providing intelligence, information technology, language and training services to the U.S. Government & commercial entities with objectives to protect and defend our nation, citizens, natural resources, critical Infrastructure, freedoms and human rights.
- Wounded Warrior Project Partner
- 2017 Military Most Valuable Employers (MVE) Winner
- 2017 Militarytimes: Best for Vets Employers
- DOD Military Spouse Employment Partner (MSEP)
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: No
- Spouse Friendly: No