Outside Technician Line Worker
Posted by Nicolas Relacion on February 12, 2018
To apply to this job, contact Nicolas Relacion.
Outside Technician Line Worker
Newport news, VA
Our Verizon Wireline technicians will be working in teams of two or more to perform work associated with installation, removal and rearranging outside plant facilities. You will have the opportunity to connect wires and cables to terminals and attach or detach various kinds of hardware to wires, cables and poles. While driving a Company vehicle to and from each work location, you will perform important work that contributes to connecting our millions of customers on the best network. This opportunity is a temporary assignment lasting up to 30 months and includes benefits.
- Dismantle, move or remove aerial, underground or building wire, cable, associated equipment, poles and hardware related to the outside telephone plant.
- Perform construction work, such as digging holes, placing and removing poles, laying cable, unreeling, pulling and stringing wire and cable from pole to pole.
- Climb poles and ladders, to remove and rearrange equipment.
- Work in remote and rough terrain locations.
- Operate power equipment such as winches, chain saws, and hydraulic equipment such as aerial lifts (buckets), diggers-derricks mounted on trucks, hand tools, etc.
- Load tools and equipment onto trucks and/or trailers.
- Read and interpret engineering plans.
- Keep reports and records and perform other duties as may be assigned.
- Work outside and may be exposed to all weather conditions as well as dirt, grease and wood preservatives, poison ivy, oak, bee stings, etc.
- Wear appropriate safety equipment and abide by all National Electrical Safety codes and Company Safety policies and procedures.
- May be assigned to work other locations and out of town for various lengths of time requiring overnight stay.
- Must meet required test results for this position in accordance with Company policy.
- Must meet Verizon medical standards for the job. Must meet weight restriction to comply with OSHA/Company safety standards.
- Must have ability to perceive differences in wire and cable colors.
- Must be able to lift 100 lbs. or more many times a day.
- Must have a valid Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) and a Department of Transportation (DOT) physical will be required to drive a Company vehicle over 26,000 pounds.
- Must be available to work scheduled tours designated by the needs of the business.
- Must have ability to work day, evenings or nightshifts and overtime; emergency call outs, weekends and holidays, as the needs of the business necessitate.
- Successful completion of a background investigation and drug screening is required.
- This position may require you to work various tours Monday to Friday from 7am to 10pm. Overtime hours may include evenings, nights, weekends and/or holidays.
- Verizon will provide a training program that may require out of state travel and overnight stay.
If you are interested in this opportunity:
- Send your resume to the attention of: Nicolas Relacion, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Apply directly at: http://www.verizon.com/about/careers/military. Filter for title and location.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees’ differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: No
- Spouse Friendly: Yes