OTA New Job Agile Software Developer – POC in Listing
Posted by Steve Fisher on March 12, 2019
To apply to this job, contact Steve Fisher.
Agile Software Developer
Required Education: Bachelors Arts/Science in Computer Science or related fields (i.e. Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering)
Required Certification: COMPTIA Security+ or CISSP Certification
Job Description: The ASDM is a code writer within the multi-disciplinary Agile Development team and an integral member of the organization’s analytic teams. The ASD-SME will provide support to the full software life cycle to include training, support materials, and late stage solutions with additions, updates and fixes.
Fundamentally, ASDs decompose problems into solvable pieces and translate those solutions into code. The ASD subsequently prepares design specifications, conceptual diagrams, process flows, data models, prototypes, user interface designs and product demonstrations.
The ASD shall provide iterative support to the full software life cycle, to include late stage solutions with additions, updates and fixes. The ASDs suggest and implement configuration management tools to keep code integrity and utilize code reuse and reconstitution as well as utilize management and tracing utilities, such as JIRA, Redmine, or similar. The ASD shall provide desk side and group training sessions and materials to help non-technologists learn new technologies, tools and skills.
- Experience utilizing Agile software development methods in a DevOps environment.
- Software development experience working as part of a team and independently.
- Demonstrable proficiency in ONE industry standard programming language
- Experience with multiple operating system including: UNIX, Linux, and Windows.
- Experience with advanced SQL query writing, data retrieval, data mining from relational database such as Oracle, MySQL, Postgres and MS SQL Server.
- Demonstrated expertise in Extract, transform, load processes, including document parsing techniques.
- Experience with multi threaded big data, such as Hadoop, MapReduce, Cloudera, Hive, Sperk, Elastic Search etc.
- Working knowledge of NoSQL database such as Titan, Mongo, Cassandra and hBase.
- Expertise with graphical user interface and data visualization tools and protocols such as HTML 4, CSS, Tableau, and Adobe Creative Suite 5
- Knowledge of text processing: natural language processing (NLP), named entity recognition (NER), entity retrieval (e.g. SOLR/Lucene), topic extraction, summarization, clustering, etc.
- Working knowledge of machine learning / data mining / knowledge discovery
- Knowledge of container solutions such as Docker and their configuration and implementation best practices
- Familiarity with mobile OS and app languages such as HTML5, Android, IOS/Swift/C Object/C#, etc.
- Expertise having supported sensor testing and evaluation
- Familiarity with model based data retrieval systems such as JEMA
- Experiencing utilizing data transfer and cross domain system such as NIFI
- Archived applicable certifications such as those associated with Agile Development or ITIL
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: No
- Spouse Friendly: No