Posted by firstname.lastname@example.org on September 14, 2018
To apply to this job, click here.
The Operations Analyst reports to and receives work direction derivatives from the Project Manager. The Operations Analyst will provide support for:
- Execution of Navy Expeditionary Warfighting Development Center (NEXWDC) phase training;
- Navy Expeditionary Staffs performance evaluation in integrated/advanced training events; exercise development and planning in support of Fleet and training/assessment exercises;
- Expeditionary Warfare (EXW), Irregular Warfare (IW), Construction (CON), and Anti-Terrorism/Force Protection (ATFP) tactics analysis, review and standardization;
- Navy Expeditionary concepts review and proof of concept in fleet exercises;
- Mission area effectiveness assessments, and gap identification and analysis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide the labor support to analyze and evaluate currency, accuracy, and relevance of EXW, CON, ATFP and IW doctrine and tactics, recommend actions and participate in developing, standardizing, or revising EXW, CON, ATFP and IW doctrine and tactics.
- Conduct periodic trend analysis of applicable Joint and Navy doctrine and tactics currency and maintain situational awareness of gapped or stagnant EXW, CON, IW and ATFP doctrine and tactics.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, HS diploma required.
- Ten (10) years of U.S. Navy, Marine Corps, or Army service-level (active or Civil Service) operations planning experience.
- Familiarity with command and control operations, operations centers, operational planning processes, training, and/or field exercise planning.
CORE SKILLS/ COMPETENCIES
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices and procedures within a particular field.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Must be able to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Strong familiarity with government regulations and directives pertaining to confidentiality, document retention and project site protocols.
- Strong communication and presentation skills. Able to read, write, and communicate effectively in English; able to design and write clear communications and present training programs.
- Expert proficiency in computer applications such as Microsoft Office, Adobe, and other media type software.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent organizational, planning, and prioritization skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to perform diverse duties operating under deadline constraints.
- Required to sit for extended periods of time and maintain focus.
- Daily travel in local area during work day (including use of personal vehicle).
SPECIAL POSITION NOTATIONS
- Ability to obtain or have a security clearance.
- Requires 0% – 5% travel.
- Location: Virginia Beach, JEB Little Creek, , VA , United States
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: Yes
- Spouse Friendly: No