Observer-Controller / Trainer (OC/T)
Posted by email@example.com on January 11, 2019
To apply to this job, click here.
The Observer-Controller/Trainer (OC/T) reports to and receives work direction derivatives from the Project Manager. The JITEC OC/T is responsible for the development, synchronization, conduct, and control of JITEC exercises. Skills include individual and group instruction and facilitation, curriculum and doctrine writing and analysis; and individual and collective task evaluation. Exercise responsibilities include writing and editing after action reports and follow-on exercise improvement tasks. The OC/T will also serve as part of an Exercise Planning Team throughout the exercise planning, design, development and execution phases. The OC/T will be a subject matter expert in one or more of the following areas: Battalion level staff or above command post operations; disaster response planning and operations; hazardous materials (HAZMAT) and/or chemical, biological, radiological, and nuclear (CBRN) operations; consequence management (CM) operations; Incident Command System (ICS); or Defense Support to Civil Authorities (DSCA) operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work as part of an exercise planning team to design, develop and execute JITEC exercises.
- Support the planning, design, development and execution of HSEEP compliant Discussion-based and Operations-based exercises; and military exercises to include Command Post Exercises (CPX), Communication Exercises (COMMEX), and Field Training Exercises (FTX).
- Be capable of serving as a Battalion level staff or above command post operations lead OC/T and/or Evaluator in support of collective training exercises.
- Create / write realistic injects for the exercise scenario that lead the training audience to achieve their training objectives.
- Write / revise Training Plans and Plans of Instruction (POIs) for the JITEC training curriculum.
- Be able to objectively observe, control, and train the exercise training audience.
- Objectively observe, control, and train the exercise training audience.
- Serve as a Technical Subject Matter Expert and provide support of operations at a variety of training events and exercises on required subjects within the scope of training.
- Liaise with the supported unit in order to determine training needs and provide detailed written reports articulating training event and exercise requirements and needs.
- Facilitate After Action Reviews (AAR) with the supported organization and prepare and distribute After Action Review Reports (AARRs) to the supported organization following all training and evaluation events. Complete a written evaluation of student/organization performance IAW Training and Doctrine Command (TRADOC) regulatory guidance.
- Develop a Post Exercise Critique (PEC) for completion by the supported organization.
- Develop Training Plans (TP), and evaluation criteria for the supported unit based on the unique requirements that will lead to a successful training event / exercise.
- Coordinate with external agencies for research support and curriculum development such as other National Guard units; Federal, State, and local agencies; the National Guard Bureau, and other Department of Defense agencies.
- Develop and/or revise Plans of Instruction (POIs) for the JITEC training curriculum.
- Provide feedback to any assigned documents as required.
- Participate in planning conferences with the Government as needed to meet mission planning requirements.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described.
- Associate’s degree required, bachelor’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Practical experience in one or more of the following areas: Battalion level staff or above command post operations, HAZMAT/CBRN operations, CM operations, ICS, DSCA operations.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Able to read, write, and communicate effectively in English.
- Able to design and write clear communications and present training programs.
- Proficient in computer applications such as Windows and MS Office.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent organizational, planning and prioritization skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Required to stand for extended periods of time and maintain focus.
- Required to work outside, in all kinds of weather, for extended periods of time.
- Be able to lift 45 pounds.
- Required to sit for extended periods of time and maintain focus.
SPECIAL POSITION NOTATIONS
- Ability to work from a remote location.
- Ability to obtain or have a security clearance.
- Requires > 30% travel in some positions.
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: Yes
- Spouse Friendly: No