Posted by email@example.com on January 5, 2018
To apply to this job, click here.
The Network Engineer will support C2TECOE with technical support of all C2 system, server builds and networking issues. While also providing guidance to all other MISTC locations. The Network Engineer reports to and receives work direction derivatives from the Project Manager in coordination with the Site Lead.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and document standardized installation, operation, integration, and sustainment procedures for C2 systems, computer operating systems, COC, computer network and network infrastructure, and virtual machine (VMWare) configurations and architectures residing at the C2 TECOE HQ.
- Process Systems Authorization Access Request (SAAR) forms for C2 TECOE managed networks and systems.
- Install, configure, optimize, maintain and operate network servers, hubs, routers, and switches ensuring they comply with security policy, procedures, and technical requirements.
- Develop and implement access control lists on routers, firewalls, and other network devices.
- Manage accounts, network rights, and access to C2 TECOE systems and equipment.
- Provide end user IT support for all C2 TECOE operating systems, peripherals, and applications.
- Install, test, maintain, and upgrade network operating systems software and hardware.
- Perform IT related customer support functions including installation, configuration, troubleshooting, customer assistance, and/or training, in response to customer requirements.
- Research and provide recommendations for audio visual, computer, computer network infrastructure equipment, and supporting training technology and peripheral equipment to support the C2 TECOE systems training environment.
- Develop Information Technology Procurement Request and Approval System (ITPRAS) waivers by employing the Marine Corps Remedy submission system.
- Develop C 2TECOE TEN training materials and provide standardized instruction to the MISTC COC Equipment Instructors, Computer Network and Systems Engineers.
- Maintain classrooms with latest versions of all programs of record (POR) including but not limited to; BFT/JBC-P, C2PC, CLC2S, TCPT, AFATDS and COC suite.
- Maintain network infrastructure and be able to quickly troubleshoot and resolve network and server issues.
- Maintain servers including but not limited to; Server 2008r2, Server 2012r2, Exchange 2010, SharePoint 2010 and 2013, RedHat, Windows Deployment Server and Windows Update Service.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described.
- Associate’s Degree in IT discipline preferred
- Security + required
- CCNA, Microsoft, or VMWare certificates desired.
- Background in Department of Defense (DOD) command and control systems, with USMC communication systems being preferred.
- Minimum of 4 years as a server administrator.
- Minimum of 4 years as a network administrator.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Extensive knowledge of DOD Command and control systems, with USMC communication systems being preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server Environments.
- Strong Knowledge of Cisco routing and switching.
- Strong Knowledge of VMWare Environments.
- Strong Knowledge of SAN and Encryption Technology.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational, planning, and prioritization skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Required to sit for extended periods of time and maintain focus.
- Occasional travel is required.
- Must have an active Secret clearance.
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: Yes
- Spouse Friendly: No