Navy Validator Role in Norfolk, VA – POC in Listing
Posted by Steve Fisher on May 15, 2019
To apply to this job, contact Steve Fisher.
Active Secret or Top Secret but TS is preferred
5+ years and BS (or 10+ years)
*Need Sec+ and Navy Validator cert
3 month contract-to-hire
Salary: 100k for Intermediate and 130k for Sr.
Intermediate Level Navy Validator (NQV).
Our client is seeking an Intermediate Level Navy Validator (NQV). The Intermediate Level Navy Validator is a trusted agent to the Security Control Assessor, having an average to above-average understanding of Navy networks and IT infrastructure, applications and PIT systems.
Validator responsibilities include the following:
• Gather A&A artifacts and other information about Systems, Network, Applications or PIT systems going through the A&A process.
• Performing all required and approved Validator RMF process steps, as outlined in the Navy RMF Processing Guide
• Preparing and submitting the Security Assessment Plan (SAP) with program assistance
• Must have a good understanding of NIST SP 800-53 Security Controls and independently perform a complete security control validation and assessment of technical and nontechnical security features of a system or network to address known threats and vulnerabilities. The evaluation must consider and identify impacts as well as consideration of existing risk mitigation strategies
• Performing required risk and vulnerability analysis to support mitigation and residual risk determination
• Completing a Security Assessment Report (SAR), in conjunction with Security Control Assessor (SCA) Liaison, based on the security control assessment results
• Supporting updates to the Risk Assessment Report (RAR) and Plan Of Actions & Milestones (POA&M) based on assessment results
• Ensuring traceability of all vulnerabilities from raw assessment results to the POA&M
• Preparing the SAR Executive Summary, with all assessment results, for SCA Liaison review and SCA certification and signature
• Coordinating with the SCA Liaison as their trusted advisor in all matters of risk determination should questions or issues occur
• Assisting with required eMASS data entry requirements and population
• Supporting the continuous monitoring program as necessary when SLCM results will be used to support continuing authorization requirements or ongoing authorizations
• Must ensure that NQV annual maintenance requirements are met to ensure NQV Credential remains in good standing
• Must be able to actively participate in team discussions
• Typically requires bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience or two to five years of practical experience in an IA- or Assessment & Authorization (A&A) – related field.
• US citizenship with ability to obtain and maintain an active DOD Secret clearance.
• Current DoD 8570.01-M IAM/IAT Level II Certification. NQV Level II certificate (active)
• Navy Experience: Average to above-average familiarity and understanding of Navy IT sites, systems and infrastructure; Applies to Navy A&A guidance to Navy A&A efforts and at least 2 years’ experience working with Navy’s A&A efforts as a Navy Validator.
Tyler Copley | Technical Recruiter | Apex Systems
222 Central Park Avenue, Suite 1620, Virginia Beach, VA 23462
Office: 757-217-1774 | Mobile: 757-971-8550
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: No
- Spouse Friendly: No