Navy Doctrine Developer
Posted by firstname.lastname@example.org on January 11, 2019
To apply to this job, click here.
The NEXWDC Doctrine Developer is responsible for the development, editing, enhancement, advancement and updating of assigned U.S Navy doctrinal publications. Additionally, the Doctrine Developer will provide support for:
- Execution of Navy Expeditionary Warfighting Development Center (NEXWDC) phase training;
- Expeditionary Warfare (EXW), Irregular Warfare (IW), Construction (CON), and Anti-Terrorism/Force Protection (ATFP) tactics analysis, review and standardization;
- Navy Expeditionary concepts review and proof of concept in fleet exercises;
- Mission area effectiveness assessments, and gap identification and analysis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support NEXWDC as a doctrine developer for publications designated by the NEXWDC Doctrine Program Manager for rewrite, update or merger with other U.S. Navy doctrinal publications, per the NEXWDC Doctrine Annual Plan.
- Assist in the preparation of the draft Program Directive (PD) and annotated outline for each designated publication.
- Support any conferences to review the draft PD and annotated outline as required.
- Develop a First Draft of designated publications.
- Post the publication on the NWDC Navy Doctrine Library System (NDLS) for fleet review/comment.
- Collect and incorporate fleet comments via NDLS and other expedient methods under the guidance of NWDC for designated publications.
- Prepare a consolidated matrix of fleet review comments stemming from the First Draft reviews and guidance from NEXWDC. Compose an Adjudication Draft of recommended modifications.
- Support any Adjudication Draft review conferences to discuss recommended changes to Signature Drafts.
- Support the preparation of Signature Draft publications.
- Coordinate and participate in weekly coordination meetings with the NEXWDC staff.
- Coordinate with external agencies for research support for doctrinal development as required.
- Maintain compliance with all Corps Solutions policies regarding quality practices.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
- Experience in at least one or more of the following:
- Naval Construction
- Navy Expeditionary Logistics
- Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD)
- Coastal Riverine
- Navy Expeditionary Intelligence
- Navy and Naval Expeditionary operations
- Amphibious operations
- Combat Service Support
- Expeditionary Mine Counter Measures (MCM) operations
- Anti-Terrorism Force Protection (ATFP)
- Three or more years’ experience in Navy doctrine writing, development and proponency.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong communication and presentation skills. Able to read, write, and communicate effectively in English. Able to write clearly and present information competently.
- Proficient in computer applications such as Windows and MS Office.
- Required to sit for extended periods of time and maintain focus.
SPECIAL POSITION NOTATIONS
- Ability to obtain or have a security clearance.
- Requires 0% – 5% travel.
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: Yes
- Spouse Friendly: No