NASA IV&V Vulnerability Assessment Analyst
Posted by Ashleigh Duque on March 13, 2018
To apply to this job, click here.
RPI Group, Inc. is seeking a NASA IV&V Vulnerability Assessment Analyst to join a team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Fairmont, WV. We support NASA’s Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V) Program, primarily delivering analysis, validation and verification of safety-critical and mission-critical software for important NASA programs. This position supports the IV&V Safety & Mission Assurance (SMA) Support Office (SSO) within the IV&V Program. Work is performed under the direction of the SSO Cybersecurity lead.
Job Duties/ Responsibilities:
- Analyze mission cyber defense policies and configurations and evaluate compliance with regulations and organizational directives.
- Maintain knowledge of applicable cyber defense policies, regulations, and compliance documents specifically related to cyber defense auditing.
- Prepare audit reports that identify technical and procedural findings, and provide recommended remediation strategies/solutions.
- Perform technical (evaluation of technology) and nontechnical (evaluation of people and operations) reviews, risk and vulnerability assessments of relevant technology focus areas (e.g., local computing environment, network and infrastructure, enclave boundary, supporting infrastructure, and applications).
- Make recommendations regarding the selection of cost-effective security controls to mitigate risk(e.g., protection of information, systems and processes).
- Bachelors’ degree in a directly related field and 8+ years of experience. Four (4) years of relevant experience or domain specific certifications may be substituted for each degree requirement.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI clearance
- Ability to travel up to 30%
- Experience analyzing cyber defense policies and configurations for compliance with regulations and organizational directives
- Experience and expertise in applicable cyber defense policies, regulations, and compliance documents specifically related to cyber defense auditing.
- Ability to perform technical and nontechnical reviews, risk and vulnerability assessments of relevant technology focus areas
- Experience modeling networks (RedSeal)
- Active Top Secret Clearance
- Ability to conduct and/or support authorized penetration testing on enterprise network assets and maintaining deployable cyber defense audit toolkit (e.g., specialized cyber defense software and hardware) to support cyber defense audit missions.
- Demonstrated skills in conducting vulnerability scans and recognizing vulnerabilities in security systems, assessing the robustness of security systems and designs, detecting host and network based intrusions via intrusion detection technologies or PCAP analysis (e.g., Snort, wireshark, tcpdump), using network analysis tools to identify vulnerabilities. (e.g., fuzzing, nmap, etc.), reviewing logs to identify evidence of past intrusions, conducting application vulnerability assessments, performing impact/risk assessments and applying cybersecurity and privacy principles to organizational requirements (relevant to confidentiality, integrity, availability, authentication, non-repudiation).
- Ability to identify systemic security issues based on the analysis of vulnerability and configuration data, apply programming language structures (e.g., source code review) and logic, share meaningful insights about the context of an organization’s threat environment that improve its risk management posture and apply cybersecurity and privacy principles to organizational requirements (relevant to confidentiality, integrity, availability, authentication, non-repudiation).
- Location: , Fairmont, WV 26554, United States
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: Yes
- Spouse Friendly: No