MTWS/CACCTUS/DVTE Simulation Technician – Okinawa
Posted by email@example.com on June 12, 2019
To apply to this job, click here.
The Simulation Technician plans, installs, operates, and maintains the hardware, software, and all primary simulations operated at your respective Battle Simulations Centers (BSCs) / Combined Arms Staff Trainer (CAST). By providing the stable operating systems and environments, the BSC/CASTs are provided viable platforms to execute current and emerging model and simulations (M&S) systems. M&S executed properly provide the operating forces with a modeled synthetic environments depicting human behavior (psychological and social attributes) and service, Joint, and Coalition techniques, tactics, and procedures requisite of virtual constructive training. Further, the simulation and C4I interface allows staffs to train and exercise COC tools and training objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Install, operate, and maintain MTWS/CACCTUS/DVTE simulation computer workstations and networks in support of simulation-based events.
- Perform simulation systems administration and integration in an exercise environment, supporting exercise design, and planning and preparation, execution and post-exercise events.
- Responsible for the interoperability of MTWS/CACCTUS/DVTE hardware and software components necessary for model and simulation driven exercises.
- Prepare, monitor, and evaluate MTWS/CACCTUS/DVTE test plans and events.
- May be called upon to edit software/hardware documentation.
- Manage accounts, network rights, and access to BSC/CAST systems
- Secret Clearance
- Must possess one of the following five approved certifications: CCNA-Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, or SSCP
- Must possess Computing Environment / Operating System Certificate
- Must maintain privileged access to Marine Corps Information technology (IT) and information systems (IS) through documented completion of required training and certification.
- Must have experience in USMC MCCAST
- Proficiency installing, configuring, operating, troubleshooting, and maintaining MTWS/CACCTUS/DVTE
- Shall be knowledgeable of distributed simulation protocols/communication technologies in support of remote operations conducted at various selected sites.
- This position requires experience with integration of government-purchased simulation support hardware/software at government training sites.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong communication and presentation skills. Able to read, write, and communicate effectively in English.
- Skilled in coordinating a variety of written communications, OPLANS, and briefings.
- Proficient in computer applications such as Windows and MS Office
- Excellent organizational, planning and prioritization skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Required to sit for extended periods of time and maintain focus
- Daily travel in local area during work day (including use of personal vehicle)
SPECIAL POSITION NOTATIONS
- Ability to obtain or have a security clearance
- Start date is anticipated to be on or about 15 May 2019
- Location: , Okinawa, Japan , Japan
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: Yes
- Spouse Friendly: No