The Modeling and Simulation Analyst (Aviation) reports to and receives work direction derivatives from the Project Manager. The Modeling and Simulation Analyst (Aviation) will perform the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operate, provide instruction, and maintain a variety of computer based training for simulations/models with respect to Aviation.
- Research documents and extracts for factual data describing the composition of military forces in a model/simulation.
- Assist in reviewing classified material and recommends a lesser classification for use in events, models/simulations, demonstrations, reports, and/or briefings.
- Edit doctrinal manuscripts, analyze problem areas, and postulate feasible solutions for implementation in simulation training events.
- Translate “real world” or fictional enemy and friendly task organizations, tables of equipment, supply stockages and operational orders into simulation databases.
- Conduct pre-event tests and evaluation of supporting databases, and parametric data.
- Attend conferences and meetings at both home station and other off-site locations, providing recommendations and analysis of model/simulation employment both in preparation for and during exercises.
- Participate in structured simulation training events/exercises, and simulated rehearsals of operational plans/orders.
- Provide analysis of the functional area and advise the response cell members as to the best method of implementing a course of action given the strengths and weaknesses of the simulation.
- Conduct post-event critique and analysis employing various after action review tools/applications.
- Provide analysis of emerging simulation technologies against stated requirements to include drafting test plans, conducting tests, publishing test results, and maintaining/archiving simulation based training scenarios (including organizational databases, tactics, weapon system capabilities, doctrine, and force structures) for use in preparation of future exercises.
- Document the salient properties of the simulation being evaluated and their relevance to Marine Corps or Joint training.
- As it relates to the functional area, is capable of training, operating, and maintaining new models/simulations or upgrades to current models/simulations as they are introduced.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or four years of DoD modeling and simulation experience will serve in lieu of degree.
- Microsoft Office Certification preferred.
- Minimum four years’ experience in military training and education.
- Attendance at Career Level School such as an MOS specific Advanced Course or Marine Corps EWS (or higher) is desired.
- Completion of equivalent nonresident course is acceptable.
- Minimum five years operational experience in the functional area of Aviation (both rotary and fix wing), and methods of meeting training and readiness standards during computer-assisted exercises (demonstrated ability to operate, provide instruction, and maintain a variety of computer based training for simulations/models in said warfighting functions).
- Minimum three years of demonstrated knowledge of military doctrine, tactics, and command relationships at MAGTF or joint/combined command level as measured by actual operational experience (real world operations is desired).
- Minimum two years’ experience in DoD modeling and simulation, and have previous experience with MTWS, and/or other simulation models such as VBS, JCATS, JSAF, OneSAF, AWSIM, CBS, or JTLS.
- Direct participation in real world operation is desired.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong communication and presentation skills. Able to read, write, and communicate effectively in English. Able to design and write clear communications and present training programs.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent organizational, planning and prioritization skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Required to sit for extended periods of time and maintain focus
- Daily travel in local area during work day (including use of personal vehicle)
SPECIAL POSITION NOTATIONS
- Ability to obtain or have a security clearance
- Requires 0% – 5% travel