Military Experimentation Tactics, Techniques & Procedures (TTP) Technical Writer
Posted by Ashley Davin on May 16, 2018
To apply to this job, click here.
This position provides the capability to carry out the tasks of the MCWL Experimental Synthesis Project.
- Synthesizing experimentation results into booklets known as X-files for quick input to the operating forces
- Refining experimentation results and developing them into recommended TTPs to be inputted into the Expeditionary Force Development System (EFDS) and Joint Capability Integration Development System (JCIDS)
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must possess military technical writing experience
- Marine Corps Doctrine writing experience preferred
- Must possess comprehensive knowledge of the Marine Corps, its missions, force structure, warfighting concepts, tactics, techniques, procedures, doctrine. In addition, must possess a working knowledge of the Marine Corps Warfighting Concepts and the combat development process.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Expeditionary Force Development System and the organization and missions of ONR and MCWL
- Understanding of the Marine Corps and Joint requirements development process
- Experience in military experimentation and integrating operational concepts and requirements into new and emerging technologies
- Knowledge and understanding of the conduct of military and Marine Corps operations (TTPs and technologies)
- Writing skills commensurate with article submission to military publications
- Must obtain and maintain a valid secret security clearance. Certain roles may require Top Secret or Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) access.
- Must have an intermediate knowledge of the Microsoft office suite.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Must be able to work independently with little or no supervision, be exceedingly well organized, flexible.
- Strong organizational skills and detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task.
- Demonstrated ability to perform diverse duties under operating and deadline constraints.
- Demonstrates accuracy and throughness; monitors own work to ensure quality.
Civilian Education: Bachelor’s degree required preferably in a scientific discipline.
Military Education: Commensurate to experience.
- Completion of the Defense Acquisition University (DAU) Fundamentals of Acquisition Managements (ACQ 101 or an equivalent course) is mandatory.
Frequent sitting, using hands/fingers, handling, reaching with hands and arms, talking, hearing and seeing up close, at a distance, along the periphery, with depth perception and the ability to adjust focus; occasional walking or standing, occasional lifting of up to 50 lbs. It is Katmai’s business philosophy and practice to provide reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, to all qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities.
Work is performed in both an office setting and occasionally in an outdoor USMC appropriate field environment. Shipboard planning sites may be a requirement, and time underway may be required as necessary. May be exposed to sharp objects, some heat, loud noise, chemicals and vibration. Use of personal protective equipment is mandatory. Employee will be exposed to a wide variety of people in differing functions, personalities and abilities.
Travel to other government facilities or other contractor facilities shall be required. Travel shall be required on weekends and shall include CONUS and OCONUS locations. Possession of a valid driver’s license is required. The exact dates and duration of travel will vary dependent upon location and requirements of individual experiments or events to include planning, attendance at meetings, conferences or wargames.
40 hours per week. May be required to work additional hours as needed to complete assignment or project. Extended work hours will be coordinated as this flexibility is required dependent upon the needs of the government or as described for specific tasks herein.
To be considered for this position, all applicants must apply on the company website, http://www.katmaicorp.com/main-career
We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Preference will be given to Ouzinkie Shareholders in accordance with Title 43 U.S. Code 1626(g) and Title 42 U.S. Code 2003 – 2(i).
Executive Order 11246, as amended, protects applicants and employees from discrimination based on inquiring about, disclosing, or discussing their compensation or the compensation of other applicants or employees.
- Location: MCWL - Marine Corps Warfighting Laboratory/Futures Directorate (MCWL/FD) 2010 Henderson Road, Quantico, VA 22134,
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: Yes
- Spouse Friendly: Yes