Posted by firstname.lastname@example.org on June 12, 2019
To apply to this job, click here.
The Military Analyst reports to and receives work direction derivatives from the Project Manager. The Military Analyst will provide support for:
- Execution of Navy Expeditionary Warfighting Development Center (NEXWDC) phase training;
- Navy Expeditionary Staffs performance evaluation in integrated/advanced training events; exercise development and planning in support of Fleet and training/assessment exercises;
- Expeditionary Warfare (EXW), Irregular Warfare (IW), Construction (CON), and Anti-Terrorism/Force Protection (ATFP) tactics analysis, review and standardization;
- Navy Expeditionary concepts review and proof of concept in fleet exercises;
- Mission area effectiveness assessments, and gap identification and analysis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support design, development, refinement, and execution of training exercise scenarios in order to train and assess Commander, Navy Expeditionary Combat Command (NECC) unit(s)’ ability to effectively execute its combat mission in a MCO environment.
- These modes of events and exercise include, but are not limited to, an Integrated Exercise (IEX), FST exercise and, when scheduling permits, culminate with participation (synthetic or live) in a JTFEX for Carrier Strike Groups (CSGs) or an ARG/MEU CERTEX.
- Conduct unit(s) performance assessment and provide findings to the Training Officer (N7).
- The exercise and assessment end-state is the training audience’s demonstration of operational staff planning, and command and control Navy Mission Essential Tasks (NMET) capabilities/proficiencies during an integrated/advance exercise.
- Exercises may be NECC controlled or non-NECC controlled exercises — Fleet, Joint and/or Coalition/Multi-National exercises; exercises may be live, virtual, constructive or a combination thereof.
- Support to develop, refine, and execute exercise scenarios aimed at assessing Experimentation and Concept of Operations (CONOPS) initiatives.
- Provides various types of management and technical support to a wide range of projects including training and readiness assessments.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, HS diploma required.
- Ten (10) years US military active service which includes units of action and operational staff experience.
- Three (3) years of experience in military training and education focused on senior enlisted personnel, junior officers and senior officers or equivalent.
- Requires a broad knowledge of military training and readiness assessment concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Participated in deployment and/or employment of NECC type forces or equivalent type forces.
- Requires familiarity with command and control systems NECC battle staffs utilize or will likely utilize when deployed with a non-NECC force, i.e., Global Command and Control System-Navy (GCCS-N), Blue Force Tracker, etc.
- Recent (within the last five years) and relevant Navy training systems, processes and instruction.
- Requires a thorough doctrinal and practical understanding of an Operations Center setup, tactics, techniques and procedures.
- Requires a general doctrinal and practical understanding of staff functions and command and control at the unit (battalion, aviation squadron, ship, etc.) and group (brigade, afloat squadron, regiment, etc.) level; the Military Decision Making Process, the Navy Planning Process, the Marine Corps Planning Process, and/or the Joint Operational Planning Process.
- Requires a thorough understanding of Mission Essential Tasks based unit assessment.
MILITARY/ NAVY COMMUNITY EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in at least one or more of the following:
- Naval Construction
- Navy Expeditionary Logistics
- Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD)
- Coastal Riverine
- Navy Expeditionary Intelligence
- Navy and Naval Expeditionary operations
- Amphibious operations
- Combat Service Support
- Expeditionary Mine Counter Measures (MCM) operations
- Anti-Terrorism Force Protection (ATFP)
CORE SKILLS/ COMPETENCIES
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices and procedures within a particular field.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Must be able to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Strong familiarity with government regulations and directives pertaining to confidentiality, document retention and project site protocols.
- Strong communication and presentation skills. Able to read, write, and communicate effectively in English; able to design and write clear communications and present training programs.
- Expert proficiency in computer applications such as Microsoft Office, Adobe, and other media type software.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent organizational, planning, and prioritization skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to perform diverse duties operating under deadline constraints.
- Required to sit for extended periods of time and maintain focus.
- Daily travel in local area as well as the National Capital Region (NCR) during work day (including use of personal vehicle).
SPECIAL POSITION NOTATIONS
- Ability to obtain or have a security clearance.
- Requires 0% – 5% travel.
- Location: JEB Little Creek, Virginia Beach, VA ,
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: Yes
- Spouse Friendly: No