Mid Software Developer – JTEL FMS, NIWC San Diego – POC in Listing
Posted by Steve Fisher on October 8, 2019
To apply to this job, contact Steve Fisher.
It’s been quite some time since we’ve been in contact, please network this job opportunity to our Marines, thank you.
K.M. Augustine (SAIC)
Naval Information Warfare Center
53560 Hull Street - Bayside, Bldg. 106
Mid Software Developer – JTEL FMS
The Software Developer will be responsible for:
- Providing support for the development and evaluation of test tools, test plans, and test procedures that are used to test Tactical Radios and Waveform software for compliance to existing architectural framework standards and APIs.
- Evaluating the compliance status of Tactical Radios and Waveform software against existing architectural framework standards and APIs.
- Conducting thorough review and providing feedback on training materials for existing architectural framework standards and APIs.
- At least 3 years of professional experience in each of the following:
- C++ programming
- Java programming
- Experience in Object-oriented programming (OOP)
- Experience in Software Engineering Processes and best practices
- Experience developing distributed software solutions based on Remote Procedure Call (RPC) protocol: Java RMI, gRPC, or TCP/IP
- Effective communication and writing skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in the team setting
- Ability to obtain and maintain a SECRET DoD clearance
- Bachelor’s degree, from an accredited four-year college or university, in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or other computing related engineering or computer science discipline
- Detailed knowledge of CORBA (ACE TAO)
- Detailed knowledge of Maven and Ant
- Detailed knowledge of TCP, UDP, HTTP/SSL, SSH protocols
- Detailed knowledge of how to read, modify, debug and add features to a Makefile
- Experience in Object Oriented software analysis and design
- Experience in XML, UML, and IDL
- Experience in one or more of the following disciplines: Software Development, RF Communications, Data/Network Communications, Digital Signal Processing, or Embedded Systems
- Experience in Systems Engineering, Test and Evaluation
- Experience in Eclipse, Visual Studio C++, Microsoft (MS) Tool Suite
- Detailed Knowledge of Software Define Radio design, and architecture
- Experience developing to Agile methodologies using JIRA
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: No
- Spouse Friendly: No