Mid-level Intelligence Assistant Special Security Advisor (ASSA) (Afghanistan) (Requires TS/SCI) – POC in Listing
Posted by Steve Fisher on May 16, 2018
To apply to this job, contact Steve Fisher.
Job Title: Intelligence Assistant Special Security Advisor (ASSA)
Experience Level: Mid-level
Security Clearance: TS/SCI
Assistant Special Security Advisor (ASSA) Job Description: This is a technical Intelligence related SCIF security position, that requires a specific background and training as an SSR/FSO/ SSO and special skills and experience in compartmented programs in DoD/IC. This is not a security guard position.
The contractor will coordinate and monitor sensitive aspects of the DOD, DOE, or other industrial security program, ensuring compliance with government and company security policies and procedures. Protects classified government information and publishes security awareness for all cleared corporate personnel. Develops and implements security procedures in coordination with government agencies and management personnel. Implements policies, procedures, standards, training, and methods for identifying and protecting information, personnel, property, facilities, operations, or material from unauthorized disclosure, misuse, theft, assault, vandalism, espionage, sabotage, or loss. Evaluates, maintains and/or operates policies, devices, procedures, and methods used for safeguarding information, property, personnel, operations, and materials. Develops and implements policies and procedures for analyzing and evaluating the character, background, and history of employees, candidates for employment, and other persons having or proposed to be granted access to classified or other sensitive information, materials, or work sites. Works to determine who should have classification authority and reviews plans for document and access controls, transmission of sensitive information and materials, and related information controls and safeguards. Conducts surveys of industrial or other private facilities to determine the organization’s eligibility to work with and store classified and sensitive information. Orients contractors to the security program and assists in initiating the measures necessary to bring a facility up to established standards. Develops security plans including, but not limited to, access to grounds by employees, vendors, Government personnel, and others; badge and pass systems; and clearance records and controls. Works to resolves issues with industry officials involving security plans and makes adjustments based on costs, alternative methods available, other security programs in place, and similar considerations. May conduct training programs to make facility personnel aware of security matters and procedures and to alert them to dangers of espionage and sabotage. Provides advice and guidance to less experienced staff.
Security support from this position shall include processing personnel background investigations for special security clearance actions including, but not limited to:
- Formulating and ensuring compliance with automated information systems security procedures
- Suggesting, implementing and monitoring compliance with the ISAF/USFOR‐A special security policies and procedures
3) Conducting and coordinating the training for special security representatives
4) Performing liaison with Government, NATO and industrial security officials
5) The contractor will also support collateral and higher access and badging procedures for the ISAF/USFOR‐A headquarters, in coordination with the CJ2 military staff.
- Military Intelligence background
- Associates Degree or higher is preferred, but not an absolute requirement if all other requirements are met
- 4+ years of DoD experience with strong job related experience and special skills and experience in compartmented programs in DoD/IC
- Clearance – Current DoD TS/SCI
- Ability to work with customers and provide special security support
- Solid and varied experience in planning/accrediting facilities IAW DCID 1/12 standard
- Thorough familiarity with all security clearance processes
- Working knowledge of AR 25-50
- Working knowledge of security policies and procedures to include NISPOM, NISPOM supplement, DCIDS, DoD and DIA M-1 Manual
- 2+ years of experience in leading and conducting security training and SCIF security inspections
- Deployed experience in either Afghanistan or Iraq, working in an Intelligence analytical or SSR/FSO/SSO billet is preferred, but not required
- Working knowledge of JPAS
Send resumes to: Dave@quietprofessionalsllc.com
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: No
- Spouse Friendly: No