Posted by email@example.com on September 14, 2018
To apply to this job, click here.
Formal School Quota Requirements Management Branch (FSQRMB) serves as the functional manager for the Marine Corps Training Information Management System (MCTIMS), Student Registrar (SR) module. This module is the primary means for registering Marines for required training conducted at formal learning centers. Training that is tracked in MCTIMS SR module ranges across the training spectrum from entry-level training, which includes recruit training and primary military occupational specialty training, to career and enhancement training like professional military education for all ranks. The U.S. Air Force (USAF) uses a system called Oracle Training Application (OTA) to register students for training. This system does not interface with MCTIMS. FSQRMB staff must manually enter student registration data into OTA and MCTIMS to ensure both systems have the required information.
As the functional manager for the SR module, FSQRMB is responsible for processing requests for engineering change proposals (ECP) from MCTIMS users across the fleet. ECP may include identification of functionality issues (the SR module, or a portion thereof, is not functioning as intended or is not functioning at all) or the identification of a new functionality. FSQRMB must collect, submit, prioritize, and test and evaluate MCTIMS SR module upgrades and enhancements in the effort to make the SR module a more effective and efficient tool with a user-friendly interface. Additionally, FSQRMB is responsible for monitoring MCTIMS interfaces with both ATRRS and CeTARs, and troubleshooting any issues that may arise, to ensure there is no unintended interruptions in the transfer of class schedules and quotas or the processing of MCTIMS registration requests between the training systems.
Contracted support is required to provide technical and analytical support to TECOM in the performance of this requirement. Our analyst shall: (1) Support the collection, submission and management of SR module engineering change proposals (ECP); (2) support SR module performance and improvement development; (3) monitor MCTIMS and ATRRS/CeTARS interface transactions and troubleshoot any issues that may arise; (4) support student registration using OTA; and (5) support the review of programs of instruction (POI) to determine potential impacts and any necessary changes required to be made to course information in the SR module.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the collection, submission, tracking, testing, and evaluation of MCTIMS SR module upgrades and enhancements.
- Through coordination with FSQRMB staff and fleet MCTIMS users, collect SR module improvement ideas (ECPs) and submit then track FSQRMB validated ECPs to MCTIMS developers.
- Support the testing and evaluation of MCTIMS SR module upgrades by participating in government acceptance testing of MCTIMS software updates.
- Monitor MCTIMS and ATRRS/CeTARS interface transactions and troubleshoot any issues that may arise involving discrepancies in class schedules, quotas, and student registrations.
- Support student registration
- Register students for USAF courses in OTA and MCTIMS.
- Load USAF course schedules and data into MCTIMS SR module.
- Load USMC requirements in OTA based on the approved training input plan.
- Pull various reports from OTA to support ad hoc queries.
- Review POI to identify impacts that may affect the SR module.
- Review staffed POI or Other Service Supplemental Course Descriptive Data (OSSCDD) to 1) ensure compliance with Course Identifier Establishment Policy contained in NAVMC 1553.2 and 2) to identify any necessary course information changes that need to be made to the SR module.
- Update course information in the SR Module using information contained in approved POI and OSSCDD.
- Bachelors Degree Preferred
- USMC Schooling appropriate to rank
- Must have experience with the USAF OTA.
- Familiar with and adhere to established command and staff procedures expecially those involving staff coordination and chain of command.
- Experience on a high-level staff, particularly HQMC, viewed as a positive.
CORE SKILLS/ COMPETENCIES
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Capable of working efficiently in a military staff environment that requires coordination both internally and externally with TECOM. Contractor personnel must be familiar with and adhere to established command and staff procedures especially those involving staff coordination and chain of command.
- Have knowledge of Marine Corps training programs and training development processes, the Marine Corps utilization of the Systems Approach to Training and Education (SATE), and an understanding of the Marine Corps Training Information Management System (MCTIMS) Student Registrar module.
- Required to sit for extended periods of time and maintain focus.
SPECIAL POSITION NOTATIONS
- Ability to obtain or have a security clearance.
- No travel expected.
- Position expected to begin on or about 1 Sept 2018.
- Work from government spaces at Quantico, VA.
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: Yes
- Spouse Friendly: No