Posted by Denny Mireles on December 28, 2017
To apply to this job, click here.
Kalman & Company, Inc. is currently seeking for immediate hire a Logistics Analyst to provide direct support to the Portfolio Manager, Ground Combat Element Systems, Marine Corps Systems Command. The Logistics Analyst will serve as a logistics management Subject Matter Expert supporting the Program Manager in the planning, coordinating and execution of numerous acquisition program logistics efforts for legacy and future systems as well as technical refreshes/upgrades. The Logistics Analyst will provide logistics, sustainment, and Life Cycle support; training; advice; guidance; and recommendations. The support is concerned with developing and performing logistics management operations that involve planning, coordinating, or evaluating the logistical actions required to support a specified mission, weapons system, or other designated program.
• Serves as a logistics consultant to clients.
• Implements DoD Acquisition and Life-cycle Management policies and procedures.
• Identifies all requirements and activities needed to provide comprehensive logistical support.
• Integrates the actions and schedules of each requirement and activity into a comprehensive logistics plan in support of or to be incorporated into overall program plans.
• Determines resources (e.g. funds, manpower, facilities, equipment, supplies, and services) required to fulfill the logistics plans.
• Conducts logistics analyses and assessments (e.g. supportability analysis, Level of Repair Analysis, range and depth of spare parts, DMSMS, risk assessments, RAM-C analyses, Business Case Analyses, etc.).
• Prepares, reviews, and revises logistics documentation applicable to each program/ project through all phases of the acquisition cycle (e.g. Life Cycle Sustainment Plans, Maintenance Plans, Fielding Plans, In-Service Management Plans, etc.)
• Provides supply support analysis to include provisioning, end item and component depot and overhaul, and all 12 logistics elements.
• Supports the development and entry of Logistics management Information.
• Oversees the Item Unique Identification efforts.
• Monitors progress toward meeting the logistics plan(s), identifies the cause and impact of delays or other problems, and recommends actions to prevent or overcome such delays or problems.
• Follows and maintains quality assurance processes governing development of logistics documentation
• Performs other duties as required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Must be able to manage multiple projects at one time
• Must be able to work independently
• Must be detail oriented and organized
• Proficiency in DoD Acquisition and Life-Cycle Management policies and procedures
• Proficiency in the principles and practices of logistics management
• Knowledge of all 12 of the Integrated Product Support elements
• Knowledge of the substantive nature of programs and the analytical and evaluative methods and techniques for assessing program development or execution
• Ability to research, analyze, and evaluate information
• Ability to express ideas effectively orally and in writing
• Ability to effectively lead other employees
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
• Travel may be expected in this position
Minimum Required Education/Qualifications:
• 3-10 years of experience, 3 of which must be in or in support of a Marine Corps Systems Command program
• User of Total Force Structure Management System (TFSMS)
• Experience with Global Combat Support System- Marine Corps (GCSS-MC)
• Must be able to pass a background investigation
• US Citizenship is required
• ACAT I program experience
• Active Duty Marine Corps experience
• Government Level II certification in Life Cycle Logistics or civilian equivalent
• Certified Professional Logistician, Certified Supply Chain Manager, Supply Chain Professional, Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) or similar
Though the statements above reflect the general nature of the position being advertised, it is not all-inconclusive of all duties and skills associated with this position.
Kalman & Company Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/VV.
- Location: Stafford, VA, Stafford, VA 22554,
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: Yes
- Spouse Friendly: No