LOGCAP Lead Planner (World Wide)(Top Secret Clearance Required) – POC in Listing
Posted by Steve Fisher on December 2, 2017
To apply to this job, contact Steve Fisher.
Please contact Heidi Mahloch – Heidi.firstname.lastname@example.org – 703.867.5499
LOGCAP Planner Subject Matter Expert/Military Analyst, Principal
The Unites States Army requires Industry Partners to augment Army capabilities in every Geographic Combatant Command (GCC). The US Army Logistics Civilian Augmentation Program (LOGCAP) provides contracted capabilities to plan for and, when directed, rapidly provide the sustainment capabilities necessary to set theaters and enable Army and Joint, Interagency, Intergovernmental, and Multinational operations from phase 0 through phase 5. LOGCAP requires Industry Partners to provide planning capabilities and to deliver actionable plans for the rapid integration of contracted capabilities into Army Service Component Commands (ASCC) plans and operations. Setting a theater requires organization, preparation and execution of all activities needed to establish favorable conditions for conducting military operations in the theater. The successful candidate for this position will demonstrate experience and familiarity with the Nation’s Joint and Army doctrine, Operational plans and the Army’s sustainment enterprise capabilities, premier logistics organizations and the logistics unit order of battle.
- Conducts detailed planning and analysis required to deliver plans for contracted solutions that enable Army Service Component Commands (ASCC), and Theater Sustainment Commands to set the theater in support of the geographic combatant commander’s plan.
- Uses existing OPLANs, CONPLANs, and/or areas of emerging threat to inform LOGCAP planning functions.
- Based on USG identified organic sustainment/logistics shortfalls or capability gaps, conducts detailed analysis and planning to develop plans for Government acceptance, such as, but not limited to, Concepts of Support, support plans (SUPPLAN) and Annex W input for the ASCC priority OPLAN.
- Develops additional support plans (SUPPLANs), concepts of support, and Annex W inputs based on ASCC mission priorities. Maintains and updates previously delivered SUPPLANs, concepts of support, and Annex W inputs.
- Creates and maintains Country/Region Books to inform each Support Plan, concepts of support, and Annex W input. Provides information to facilitate operational planning, setting the theater and defense support to civil authorities.
- Plans for the use of LOGCAP contracted capabilities to facilitate movement of personnel and materiel to power projection platforms, deployment operations, and theater opening tasks including reception, staging, onward movement and integration (RSOI), aerial port of debarkation/seaport of debarkation (APOD/SPOD) services, development of intermediate staging bases, distribution networks, and other key support activities.
- The LOGCAP planner prepares executive level briefing materials, provide briefs to senior leadership and coordinates across organizations at senior levels to ensure plans and outcomes meet the Army’s standards for Logistics readiness.
- Preference for Army Field Grade or higher service in the Army sustainment branchor Senior NCO with comparable skills, knowledge and experience.
- Service in any of the Geographic Combatant Command theaters, and in Army Logistics and support organizations.
- High preference for School of Advanced Military Studies (SAMS) Advanced Strategic Planning and Policy Program (ASP3), Joint Advanced Warfighting School (JAWS) graduates or similar planner credentials.
- Previous experience on the Joint Staff, Army Staff, other similar Echelon I Military organizations, in any of the Geographic Combatant Commands, Army Service Component Commands (ASCC) with logistics or operational planning responsibilities.
- Service within the Army Sustainment Command (ASC), Army Material Command (AMC), Theater Sustainment Commands (TSC), Expeditionary Sustainment Commands (ESC), and in deployed operational combat logistics maneuver units. Former Service in, or in command of an Army Field Sustainment Brigade is ideal.
- Ideal if the Fort Sam Houston planner has served with or has experience with ARNORTH and/or the 404th AFSB, or USARSO and/or the 407thAFSB
- Travel is required, candidate must meet Geographic Combatant Commander theater specific medical standards for deployment where required. Must have and maintain eligibility for Top Secret Clearance
- US Ft. Bragg, NC
- US Ft Lewis, Washington
- US Ft. Hood, TX
- US Ft. Sam Houston, TX
- US Oahu, HI
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: No
- Spouse Friendly: No