Legal Advocate Trainer Mentor (Afghanistan) (Secret SecurityClearance) – POC in Listing
Posted by Steve Fisher on November 8, 2018
To apply to this job, contact Steve Fisher.
Please post the information below for position available with OT Training Solutions, LLC in Afghanistan.
Legal Advocate Trainer Mentor / 242
Summary / Scope of Work
The Legal Advocate Trainer/Mentor for the ASSF Afghanistan Contract will Train, Advise, Assist and Mentor (TAAM) Special Operations Brigades (SOB) to independently conduct legal related tasks.
Job Functions and Responsibilities
The Legal Advocate Trainer Mentor shall train counterparts on the following tasks:
- Operational Law
- Advising the Commander
- Counter Corruption
- Investigations and Military Court Martials
- Train counterparts to be subject matter experts in Afghan Rule of Law, ANA military justice system, command policies, procedures, and standards to facilitate all legal functional areas.
- Assist in the development of staff functions and procedures for the ANASOC JAG office
The Legal Advocae Trainer Mentor must have:
- Active Secret Security Clearance
- Experience in military operational and international law
- Training and experience as it pertains to operational mission (targeting), Rule of Law, and Rules of Engagement
- Six (6) years experience providing legal opinions to support military operational or international law
- Experience as a Military Judge Advocate or DoD Civilian Attorney is highly preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- U.S. Citizenship
- Valid U.S. passport
- MS Office and personal computer skills
- Interpersonal and people skills
- Organizational and project management skills
- Be willing to work in hostile areas
- Be willing and able to travel outside of protected areas via military convoys or MILAIR and wear protective clothing and equipment as In the conduct of their training contractors may encounter hostile forces
Professional Credentials Requirement: Juris Doctorate
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, stand, sit, talk, and hear. The employee must use hands and fingers to feel, handle, or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms frequently. The employee must occasionally lift and move up to 10 pounds.
This position is located in Afghanistan and requires the employee to deploy and live on forward operating bases operated by Afghan National Army under austere conditions without regular U.S. PX and Commissary facilities. Travel within the country and possible relocation (based upon the needs of the U.S. Government) to any location in Afghanistan is required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed, and perform special projects as assigned.
OT Training Solutions, LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability status.
Joyce Ward, PHR, SHRM-CP
Human Resources Manager
OT Training Solutions, LLC.
901 S. Charles R. Beall Blvd., Suite 12
Debary, FL 32713
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: No
- Spouse Friendly: No