Joint Exercise Planner
Posted by email@example.com on June 22, 2018
To apply to this job, click here.
Corps Solutions has an immediate opening for a Joint Exercise Planner aboard the Marine Corps Logistics Operations Group (MCLOG), Marine Corps Air Ground Combat Center Twentynine Palms, CA to support the Commanding General, Training and Education Command (TECOM) in the implementation of the DoD Joint National Training Capability (JNTC) under the greater Department of Defense (DoD) Training Transformation (T2) Program. Specifically, the position entails joint exercise planning in order to infuse the appropriate joint context into USMC training exercises at the MAGTF Staff Training Program MCLOG.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Joint exercise planning in order to infuse the appropriate joint context into USMC training exercises at MCLOG.
- Support the Commander of MCLOG in the development and implementation of JNTC initiatives and exercises.
- Coordinate JNTC exercise planning through all phases of the Joint Exercise Lifecycle.
- Serve as the primary JNTC Accreditation and Certification representative, interfacing with TECOM and Joint Staff J7 representatives to develop a comprehensive POA&M to maintain JNTC accreditation, and to mitigate identified joint context shortfalls.
- Planning oversight for JNTC enhancements to MCLOG training exercises, the conduct of post-JNTC event assessment and analyses, capturing and formatting all essential data and lessons learned for application in future JNTC enhanced exercises.
- Produce presentations, reports, point papers, and executive level correspondence and other professional quality media.
- Engage in day-to-day meetings, conferences, and discussions, maintaining high situational awareness, relaying pertinent information to the Commander of MCLOG and the CG TECOM via appropriate staff channels.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described
- Intermediate Level School (ILS) graduate, Command and Staff College preferred.
- The ideal candidate will be a former US Marine Corps (USMC) officer with a logistics background (US Army or other Service experience acceptable with strong qualifications)
- Operational experience at the Regimental/Group/Brigade level or higher
- Experience in joint operations
- Minimum of three years of experience in exercise planning and design relating to Marine Corps operational and training concepts.
- Experience with joint and/or inter-service operations is preferred.
- The ability to work efficiently in a military staff environment requiring coordination both internal and external to MCLOG, TECOM and the Marine Corps.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Able to read, write, and communicate effectively in English
- Able to design and write clear communications and present training programs.
- Proficient in computer applications such as Windows and MS Office
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent organizational, planning and prioritization skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Required to sit for extended periods of time and maintain focus
SPECIAL POSITION NOTATIONS
- Ability to obtain or have a security clearance
- Location: 29 Palms, 29 Palms, CA , United States
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: Yes
- Spouse Friendly: No