Posted by firstname.lastname@example.org on December 14, 2018
To apply to this job, click here.
The JDLM Analyst reports to and receives work direction derivatives from the Project Manager. The JDLM Analyst will perform the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Direct participation in real world operations is desired.
- Have experience with MTWS and other simulation models such as JCATS, LOTS, JDLM, VBS2, WARSIM, and network administration.
- Knowledge in software installation, set-up procedures and user training as it relates to US military training tools and environments.
- Operate and maintain simulation models that integrate maneuver, aviation, fires, logistics, and intelligence operations.
- Translate real world or fictional enemy and friendly force structures into an exercise simulation database.
- Provide analysis of the warfighting functional areas (e.g., aviation, maneuver, command and control, combat service support, intelligence and force protection) and opposing force tactics, in order to identify strengths and weaknesses of the simulation during a LVC-G training event.
- Research documents and extracts or factual data for composition of military forces utilized within models/simulations.
- Participates in rehearsals of simulation training events.
- Must remain current in simulation systems (SIMSYS), as new simulation models or upgrades to current simulation models are introduced, the incumbent is required to implement the new model or upgrade as directed.
- Translate operations orders into simulation databases.
- Conduct pre-event tests and evaluation of supporting databases, and parametric data.
- Conduct post-event critique and analysis employing various after action review systems.
- Must maintain and operate Joint Deployment Logistics Model (JDLM) and MAGTF Tactical Warfare Simulator (MTWS) simulation systems.
- Other relevant experience includes operating system set-up and working knowledge of Modeling and Simulation theory and/or possess DoD M&S Coordination office M&S Staff and Officers certification.
- Work with senior management to ensure highest level of efficiency and effectiveness in support of customer requirements.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum five years demonstrated knowledge of military doctrine, tactics, and command relationships at MAGTF or joint level.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Experience in military training and education preferred.
- Minimum five years operational experience in maneuver, aviation, fires, logistics, or intelligence operations in order to apply operational experience to SIMSYS exercises.
- Knowledge of military doctrine, tactics, and command relationships employed by the MAGTF preferred.
- Minimum two years of experience in DOD modeling and simulation, and must have previous experience with JDLM, MTWS, and other simulation models.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact with others and senior management.
- Able to read, write, and communicate effectively in English.
- Able to design and write clear communications and present training programs.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent organizational, planning and prioritization skills
- Required to sit for extended periods of time and maintain focus
- Daily travel in local area during work day (including use of personal vehicle)
SPECIAL POSITION NOTATIONS
- Ability to obtain or have a security clearance
- Requires 0% – 5% travel
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: Yes
- Spouse Friendly: No