IT Project Manager (Insurance) (Atlanta GA) – POC in Listing
Posted by Steve Fisher on April 21, 2017
To apply to this job, contact Steve Fisher.
Position: IT Project Manager (Insurance)
Looking for qualified VETERANS!
- Lead the IT work streams to meet timely delivery to cost based upon agreed objectives to support the business
- Responsible for identifying, defining, planning and delivering agreed project deliverables and tracking day to day budgets
- Central point of contact for all IT aspects the project providing strong stakeholder management to ensure business buy-in and support, and that they are kept updated of the progress of the projects status and that what is delivered meets their needs
- Ensure projects follow the “Company X” project delivery model
- Provide IT guidance and expertise to support business PM and a combined plan
- Day-to-day management of 3rd party IT suppliers including resolution of supplier issues to deliver projects on time, within budget and to agreed objectives
- Work with internal IT staff to deliver dependencies outside of the project team including, application integration, infrastructure and security
- Ensure final approval of the design specification and related documents
- Manage risks, issues and dependencies to successfully deliver the projects and escalate to program management when necessary
- Experience of delivering multiple simultaneous work streams with internal and external dependencies
- Experience of delivering application, infrastructure and integration changes.
- Experience of delivery of on premise and cloud solutions.
- Knowledge of infrastructure small business insurance in the US is a bonus, ideally having managed within an enterprise-wide change for policy administration
- Experience of Agile (Scrum) and waterfall delivery methodologies, or delivering waterfall change for infrastructure integrating with an Agile application delivery team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, capable of working with people at all levels within and external to the business
- Creative, proactive, logical and innovative – you do not accept the status quo.
- Highly results driven, with the energy and determination to succeed in a very fast paced environment where the pace of response and leadership is critical to success
- Able to convey ideas and information clearly and in a manner appropriate to all levels of audiences.
- Experience of working as a Project Manager in an environment of multiple projects with challenging timeframes and deliverables.
- Exposure to the full project life cycle, from inception to user acceptance testing and initial live running.
- Have the ability to combine “soft” influencing, persuasion and consultancy skills with “leadership” qualities that will encourage business leaders to positively respond to questions, inquires and requests to meet deadlines Intellect and gravitas to influence and gain credibility with “Company X” business personnel and management.
- Demonstrate good decision making, evaluating the implication of various options before deciding and then showing commitment to and accountability for that decision.
- Demonstrates self-confidence and assertiveness in a variety of business situations.
- Works well in cross-functional groups with peers, subordinates and seniors, encourages participation and involvement of team members through being open and approachable.
- Practical experience of planning and resource scheduling within the project process.
- Knowledge of small business insurance in the US is beneficial but not essential
- Have experience of managing supplier relationships and coordinating input from contract and third party resources
- PRINCE2 Practitioner (or equivalent) certified
- Certified Scrum Master (or equivalent)
What “Company X” Offers
- Competitive salary and bonus (based on personal & company performance)
- Comprehensive health insurance, Vision, Dental and FSA
- 401(k) with competitive company matching
- 24 Paid time off days
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Paid sabbaticals after 10 years of service
- Dynamic, creative and values-driven culture
- Modern and open office spaces, complimentary fruit and drinks
Please, contact David Davidson below with resumes.
David Davidson, Navy SEAL (Ret.)
Talent Acquisition Manager
7 Eagle Group
Connecting employers with America’s talented military veterans.
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: No
- Spouse Friendly: No