Posted by email@example.com on July 28, 2017
To apply to this job, click here.
The Intelligence Instructor reports to and receives work direction derivatives from the Project Manager. The Intelligence Instructor will provide support for:
- Execution of Navy Expeditionary Warfighting Development Center (NEXWDC) phase training;
- Navy Expeditionary Staffs performance evaluation in integrated/advanced training events; exercise development and planning in support of Fleet and training/assessment exercises;
- Expeditionary Warfare (EXW), Irregular Warfare (IW), Construction (CON), and Anti-Terrorism/Force Protection (ATFP) tactics analysis, review and standardization;
- Navy Expeditionary concepts review and proof of concept in fleet exercises;
- Mission area effectiveness assessments, and gap identification and analysis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support design, development, refinement, and execution of training exercise scenarios in order to train and assess NECC unit(s)’ ability to effectively execute its combat mission in a MCO environment.
- These modes of events and exercise include, but are not limited to, an Integrated Exercise (IEX), FST exercise and, when scheduling permits, culminate with participation (synthetic or live) in a JTFEX for Carrier Strike Groups (CSGs) or an ARG/MEU CERTEX.
- Conduct unit(s) performance assessment and provide findings to the Training Officer (N7).
- The exercise and assessment end-state is the training audience’s demonstration of operational staff planning, and command and control Navy Mission Essential Tasks (NMET) capabilities/proficiencies during an integrated/advance exercise.
- Exercises may be NECC controlled or non-NECC controlled exercises — Fleet, Joint and/or Coalition/Multi-National exercises; exercises may be live, virtual, constructive or a combination thereof.
- Support to develop, refine, and execute exercise scenarios aimed at assessing Experimentation and Concept of Operations (CONOPS) initiatives.
- Provides various types of management and technical support to a wide range of projects including Theater and Joint Task Force (JTF) intelligence training and readiness assessments.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, HS diploma required.
- Ten (10) years of military experience in intelligence planning operations for the deployment and employment of ground combat, aviation, supporting arms, and/or combat service support units and related equipment
- Three (3) years of experience in military training and education focused on senior enlisted personnel, junior officers and senior officers or equivalent.
- Staff level operational planning, intelligence operations, and/or intelligence analysis is desired.
CORE SKILLS/ COMPETENCIES
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices and procedures within a particular field.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Must be able to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Strong familiarity with government regulations and directives pertaining to confidentiality, document retention and project site protocols.
- Strong communication and presentation skills. Able to read, write, and communicate effectively in English; able to design and write clear communications and present training programs.
- Expert proficiency in computer applications such as Microsoft Office, Adobe, and other media type software.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent organizational, planning, and prioritization skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to perform diverse duties operating under deadline constraints.
- Required to sit for extended periods of time and maintain focus.
- Daily travel in local area during work day (including use of personal vehicle).
SPECIAL POSITION NOTATIONS
- Ability to obtain or have a security clearance.
- Requires 0% – 5% travel.
- Position expected to begin on or about 1 October 2017.
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: Yes
- Spouse Friendly: No