Posted by firstname.lastname@example.org on April 20, 2018
To apply to this job, click here.
The Intelligence Analyst will assist the Tactical Training Exercise Control Group (TTECG) Intelligence Officer by augmenting the TTECG S-2 as a subject matter expert, and by acting as scenario manager for portions of the Integrated Training Exercise (ITX) within the framework of the MAGTF training program.
The Intelligence Analyst is responsible to support the TTECG in three main areas: (1) provided subject matter expertise on all intelligence-related matters; (2) lead the assessment process used to evaluate the Exercise Force’s (ExFor’s) intelligence capabilities; and, (3) assisting in the administration and upkeep of S-2 related information and data systems.
- As an intelligence Subject Matter Expert (SME), the Intelligence Analyst monitors and researches current enemy threat capabilities and Tactics Techniques and Procedures (TTPs). This includes qualitative and quantitative analysis of conventional as well as asymmetric and hybrid threats. Unclassified and classified exercise support products are created or modified to replicate the most current enemy capabilities and TTPs.
- As an assessment lead, the intelligence analyst manages, gathers, assesses, synthesizes and reports performance data relating to the intelligence capability with each ExFor participating in the ITX program. The assessment data is used by TTECG in reporting strengths and areas for potential improvement for each ExFor Battalion. This includes daily as-well-as long-term trend observations and reporting. Gaps identified during such assessments are discussed with TTECG S-2 with recommendations to close gaps during subsequent training events.
- As S-2 data systems support, the intelligence analyst assists in managing TTECG’s two Intelligence SharePoint sites (classified and unclassified), helps maintain related TTECG Intelligence hardware such as laptops, server, and shared drives; and, manages and controls the Intelligence Assessment Tool for the TTECG S-2.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage intelligence input into the unified scenario to ensure relevancy and accuracy to current training requirements
- Coordinate with HUMINT and SIGINT personnel for updating of products required for scenario and training needs
- Modify existing or create new assessment criteria from emerging training requirements set by Headquarters Marine Corps (HQMC), Training and Education Command (TECOM), MAGTF Training Command, and TTECG
- Manage and update the TTECG Intelligence Primary Assessment Tool (daily)
- Manage TTECG intelligence systems architecture and communications
- Manage TTECG S-2 SharePoint sites
- Manage TTECG S-2 shared drives
- Conduct daily assessments on the INTSUMs and the various intelligence products generated by the ExFor
- Provide daily and long-term trends identified with training units to TTECG Intelligence Officer, Assistant Intelligence Officer, and Intelligence Chief
- Assist with teaching, coaching and mentoring of intelligence personnel in all aspects of intelligence planning and operations
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Intelligence Analyst certification
- Anti-Terrorism training
- Basic Instructor certification
- Network Analysis certification
- At least 10 years of prior military experience as an Intelligence Analyst; former U.S. Marine preferred
- Security Management background (both in physical security and personnel security)
- Experience with USMC ground, air, and logistical combat elements
- Special Operations Force experience to assist with development of training scenarios for conventional and Special Operation Forces – desired
- Experience conducting / participating in conventional and counter-insurgency operations
- Experience dealing with SAT and in developing scenarios
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Able to read, write, and communicate effectively in English; able to design and write clear communications and present training programs.
- Proficient in computer applications such as Windows and MS Office
- Proficient in intelligence systems such as the Intelligence Operations Server (IOS V2 and V3 variants) and Intelligence Operations Workstation
- Proficient in SharePoint design and maintenance
- Proficient in intelligence software to include but not limited to; Falconview, Palantir, Intelink, CIDNE and C2PC
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational, planning and prioritization skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Required to work outside on the MCAGCS ranges, Twentynine Palms, CA – austere hot and dry desert conditions
- Required to sit for extended periods of time and maintain focus
- Daily travel in local area during work day (including use of personal vehicle)
SPECIAL POSITION NOTATIONS
- Ability to obtain or have a Secret security clearance
- Requires 0% – 5% travel
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: Yes
- Spouse Friendly: No