Information Technology Specialist, Service Desk Technician
Posted by PatricioEnterprisesLLC on June 12, 2019
To apply to this job, click here.
POSITION: Information Technology Specialist, Service Desk Technician
LOCATION: Edgewood, MD
TRAVEL: Up to 15%
CLEARANCE: Active Secret Clearance Required
BENEFITS: 401K, Life/Health/ Dental/Disability Insurance, Paid Time Off, and Tuition Reimbursement.
- Serve as a senior technician, being the subject matter expert (SME), for the implementation and maintenance of information technology and customer support, to include:
- Network connectivity
- Secure (i.e., Secure Internet Protocol Router (SIPR)) connections and laptops
- Network or hardware/software challenges
- Copiers, printers, telephones, and the mobile phone infrastructure and laptop inventory
- Audio/visual, video teleconference, and other telecommunications equipment
- Meeting support to include desk side meetings and video teleconferences (VTCs) on both SIPR and NIPR
- Install and perform minor repairs to hardware, software, or peripheral equipment, following design or installation specifications.
- Refer major hardware or software problems or defective products to vendors or technicians for service. •Answer user inquiries regarding computer software or hardware operation to resolve problems.
- Upgrade existing equipment, performing tasks such as installing updated circuit boards or additional memory.
- Set up equipment for employee use, ensuring proper installation of cables, operating systems, or appropriate software.
- Image computers in accordance with the Network Enterprise Centers policies.
- Update and maintain software and hardware inventories.
- Align, adjust, or calibrate equipment.
- Maintain printers to include parts and consumables, for example toner, transfer kits, rollers, and toner collection units, etc.
- Patch and remedy any computer that has an Information Assurance Vulnerability Alert (IAVA) within the given timeline from the Network Enterprise Center; on both NIPR and SIPR.
- Adhere to the Service Level Agreement (SLA) timelines for responding and resolving work tickets.
- Use enterprise work ticket system(s) to record work tasks.
- Maintain and follow all approved Standard Operating Processes (SOP).
- Escalate and monitor tickets or issues through the Government Lead and/or through the Network Enterprise Center as required.
- Successfully complete all training related to the assigned position (e.g., driver’s training course, etc.).
- Attend the Network Enterprise Center Elevated Privileges training.
- Drive Government vehicles to complete job duties.
- Support IT operations outside of core hours on a voluntary basis..
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Must meet the DOD 8570.01-Manual appendix 3 IAT level II approved baseline certifications; for example, CompTIA Security+.
- Must possess a valid state Driver’s license.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, or a related discipline, as well as two (2) years of general experience and one (1) year of relevant experience.
- Alternate/Tradeoff Requirement: The contractor may possess an Associate’s degree or Professional Certificate in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related discipline, as well as four (4) years of general experience and two (2) years of relevant experience.
- Must have or be able to achieve the ITIL Intermediate certification within 6 months.
EOE. Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Patricio Enterprises Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Location: Edgewood, MD, Edgewood , MD ,
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: Yes
- Spouse Friendly: No