Information Systems Security Manager MIT Lincoln Laboratory Lexington, MA
Posted by David Gentes on February 13, 2018
To apply to this job, click here.
The Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM) – ITS Level II will provide specialized information security support to several independent Laboratory research groups and serve as the primary integrator for a multitude of strategic cybersecurity projects and initiatives. The successful candidate will work independently and as a team member, and must be a quick learner, self-motivated, reliable, and able to balance multiple tasks simultaneously. Candidate must have strong interpersonal skills and be able to manage stress in a professional manner. Candidate must possess an in-depth knowledge of computer security principles and policies to include the Risk Management Framework (RMF), Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs), National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM), and Defense Security Service (DSS) Assessment and Authorization Manual (DAAPM). Candidate must have very strong technical skills and be able to respond to off-hours emergencies. Position requires some local and overnight travel.
- Primary integrator for collateral cybersecurity initiatives and projects
- Assist in the security design and configuration of collateral classified systems and networks in a variety of traditional and virtual environments including Linux, Unix, Sun, Mac, and Windows.
- Integrate, test, and configure Free and Open Software (FOSS), Commercial-off-the-Shelf (COTS), Government-off-the-Shelf (GOTS), and custom software
- Conduct technical analysis and formulate solutions for complex infrastructure and integration challenges
- Provide security direction to design and development teams, monitor progress and productivity through the use of metrics
- Develop System Security Plans (SSPs) and associated artifacts such as the Plan of Action & Milestones (POA&M), Risk Assessment Report, and Continuous Monitoring Strategy
- Apply Protected Distribution System (PDS) requirements and TEMPEST concepts to existing and planned infrastructure.
- Establish and maintain configuration management policies and procedures;
- Conduct security impact analysis for configuration changes; participate in Change Control Boards (CCBs)
- Conduct network, system, and application vulnerability scanning, configuration assessment, and remediation.
- Perform information security policy gap analysis and formulate corrective actions.
- Help and assist other collateral ISSMs as needed with compliance audits, system authorization, sanitization, and incident response.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Information Systems, or relevant work experience is required.
- A minimum of 6 years of IT security experience in DoD Industrial Security is strongly desired.
- Technical experience and skills, course work completed toward a degree, and industry IT certifications may be considered substitutes for education and DoD security experience.
- Familiarity with Risk Management Framework (RMF), NISPOM Chapter 8, DAAPM, NIST SP 800-53r4 and other associated NIST publications is desired
- Technical experience and skills in securing multiple operating systems such as Windows Server and clients, Linux, Solaris, and virtualization technologies.
- Ability to achieve DoD 8570 IAM Level II Baseline Certification within 6 months of appointment; preferably candidate possesses ISC2 CISSP.
- Demonstrated capabilities in presenting ideas written and orally within a cross-functional environment required.
- Prior experience working in a collaborative team environment desired.
- Prior experience working with SIPRNet or other classified government networks is desired.
- The successful candidate will be subject to pre-employment investigation and must meet all eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a government (DoD) security clearance is required.
MIT Lincoln Laboratory is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, or genetic information; U.S. citizenship is required.
- Location: Hanscom Air Force Base, Lexington, MA 02420, US
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: Yes
- Spouse Friendly: Yes