Information Management Officer
Posted by firstname.lastname@example.org on July 6, 2018
To apply to this job, click here.
The Information Management Officer reports to the Project Manager and receives work direction derivatives from the MAGTFTC G-3 and Chief of Staff. The Information Management Officer will execute the MAGTFTC Information Management Plan by performing the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Advocates command IM policies and procedures and recommends changes and updates for approval by the Chief of Staff.
- Promulgates command collaborative environment and facilitates the use of appropriate, collaborative services, systems and applications; maintains a listing of the current SharePoint Sites and Site Owners.
- Conducts continuous process improvement and assists process owners with change management, evaluates and leverages technological solutions and future concepts where appropriate.
- Provides guidance and priority of work to IM Representatives and SharePoint Administrators in the conduct of IM activities; assist IM Representatives in the conduct of their duties.
- Coordinates with higher, adjacent, and subordinate IM sections and agencies.
- Manages the Command Level Battle Rhythm, 7-Minute Drills, Reports Matrix and Knowledge Management Matrix; maintain the current versions of these products; update the Battle Rhythm, 7-Minute Drills and Reports Matrix as directed by the Chief of Staff; updates the Knowledge Management Matrix, Reports Matrix and Systems Usage and Training Matrix upon notification of change from Directorate IM Representative; notify participants and/or OPR of updates as required.
- Chairs the Information Management Working Group as a periodic, Command Level Battle Rhythm event.
- Chairs the Archive Working Group on an annual basis and consolidate and staff recommendations for approval by the Chief of Staff; coordinates the occurrence of the annual Archive Board as required.
- Reviews quarterly Systems Usage and Training Requirements with Directorate IM Representatives to ensure currency and completeness.
- Will travel to conduct on-site instruction and technical assistance as required to include field training environments.
- Performs other related duties incidental to the work described.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Completion of a professional military education institution/program (resident/non-resident), such as Command and Staff or equivalent is required.
- SharePoint Level II training is required.
- Candidates will have at least eight years of military service, with an operational focus. Experience on the MAGTFTC staff or equivalent level staff is desired.
- Experience writing detailed instructions, such as letters of instruction and standard operating procedures.
- The ideal candidate is a former or retired senior SNCO or officer who has experience as an IMO at a regimental or higher command, or has served on a high level staff.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong communication and presentation skills. Able to read, write, and communicate effectively in English. Able to design and write clear communications.
- Proficient in computer applications such as Windows, MS Office and SharePoint.
- Familiarity with current trends, doctrine, and systems in use by USMC.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent organizational, planning and prioritization skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Required to sit for extended periods of time and maintain focus.
- Daily travel in local area during work day (including use of personal vehicle).
SPECIAL POSITION NOTATIONS
- Ability to obtain or have a security clearance.
- Requires 0% – 5% travel.
- Location: 29 Palms, 29 Palms, CA , United States
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: Yes
- Spouse Friendly: No