Information Assurance Specialist IV
Posted by PatricioEnterprisesLLC on September 11, 2019
To apply to this job, click here.
POSITION: Information Assurance Specialist IV
LOCATION: Ft Belvoir, VA
TRAVEL: Up to 25%
CLEARANCE: Active Secret Clearance required
BENEFITS: 401K, Life/Health/ Dental/Disability Insurance, Paid Time Off, and Tuition Reimbursement.
DESCRIPTION: Patricio Enterprises (PE) is seeking an Information Assurance Program Specialist to support the Project Manager Terrestrial Sensors, Product Manager (PM) Force Protection System (FPS). PM FPS develops, fields, and sustains force protection and physical security capabilities.
Primary duties will include (but not limited to):
- As a member of the PM FPS Cyber Team, establish and manage the PM FPS systems Security/IA Program with particular attention to FPS acquisition programs of record.
- Advise and represent the PM regarding IA and security policy; responsible for providing guidance to the PM and developing RMF/DIACAP packages, Certificates of Networthiness, System Security Plans, and other IA requirements documents.
- Prepare with minimal guidance risk analysis and accreditation documentation, ensuring documentation is prepared within timelines, completely and accurately with all necessary materials forwarded to higher headquarters’ IA approval authorities. Continually monitor IA submission packets to ensure all approvals are obtained within required time constraints. Continually coordinate with higher headquarters IA managers to stay abreast of IA security trends and projected new requirements.
- Develop policy and procedure documents to ensure the protection of Personally Identifiable Information (PII) contained in PM FPS systems. Prepare and update Federal Register System of Records Notice, Privacy Impact Assessments and other documents required documents and notices. Implement procedures and conducts routine, periodic, checks of system and user audit logs to verify IA procedures are in place and PII is protected. Review and evaluate information assurance/system security solutions recommended by DOD/DA, industry, and from other organizations and recommend adopting solutions based on applicability to PdM FPS IA requirements for the protection of PII. Provide advisory support to field activities and staff on Systems Accreditation’s and System Risk Assessments.
- Represent PM FPS on planning committees that develop plans and for improving the security of DA level Systems. Establish procedures within PM FPS to document the status of all weapons systems accreditation, level of concerns, and protection levels. Provide assistance to PEO IEW&S and PM FPS to resolve unusual and difficult operational problems in the area of information assurance/systems security. Establish recommended goals and objectives for the IA program in consultation with higher authorities, policies, PM FPS vision and strategy documents.
- Develop and conduct periodic reviews of program protection and IA documentation; including Program Protection Plans, Critical Program Information, Security Classification Guides, along with Anti-Tamper plans to ensure proper depth and documentation associated with acquisition regulation, DoD, and ARMY guidance.
- Aid in the implementation of Clinger-Cohen Act compliance to maximize the benefits of information technology within the Government.
- Complete and submit the FISMA reports and IA Self Assessments.
- Maintain the Army Managers’ Internal Control Program certification, to review, assess, and report on the effectiveness of internal control (IC). Conduct compliance reviews for preparation of Army Audit Agency (AAA) audits.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field.
- Minimum of 8 years of related experience.
- Minimum of 11 years relevant experience is required if candidate does not possess a Bachelor’s degree.
- DoD approved 8570 IAM certification Level II (required) / Level III (Desired).
- Expertise in DoD programs utilizing DIACAP (DoD Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process) or its replacement Risk Management Framework (RMF).
- Demonstrated expertise using the Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS).
- Planned, managed, and led IA programs, including IA documentation creation resulting in accreditation.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must be detail oriented and organized.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects at one time.
- Expert ability to research, analyze, and evaluated information.
- Expert ability to express ideas effectively orally and in writing.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of FISMA, FIPS, NIST, DCID 6/3, DoD 8500 series and DoDI 8140.
- Knowledge of emerging IA policies.
EOE. Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Patricio Enterprises Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Location: Ft. Belvoir, VA , Ft. Belvoir , VA ,
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: Yes
- Spouse Friendly: No