HUMINT Collection Management Officer (DC Metro Area) (TS/SCI w/ Poly) – POC in Listing
Posted by Steve Fisher on January 19, 2020
To apply to this job, contact Steve Fisher.
*Ideally we are looking for backgrounds and exposure running or supporting clandestine operations in a non-wartime environment, and/or experience with Title 10 or Title 50. . Interagency coordination preferred. Polygraph clearance (FS) and degree are required.
HUMINT Collection Management Officer
Orbis Operations is a leading Irregular Warfare training and consulting firm supporting the US Department of Defense and Intelligence Community as well as commercial clients.
Orbis is currently seeking a full-time Collection Management Officer (CMO) to support a customer’s operational requirements in the DC Metro area (and potentially Tampa, FL). The position requires an active Top Secret and Sensitive Compartmented Information with a polygraph examination. Successful candidate will work well in team environments and will be capable of operating independently with minimal supervision. Candidate will interact with customer personnel at all levels within the customer organization. The position requires prior experience as a CMO and experience supporting HUMINT operations.
JOB DESCRIPTION: The primary functions of a CMO is to actively manage the two-way dialogue between the intelligence organization and intelligence consumers, establish and identify intelligence collection requirements, and evaluate intelligence to ensure collection is providing US foreign policy and national security decision-makers with timely, accurate, clear, and concise reporting. CMOs also provide detailed knowledge of cases and demonstrate objective analysis to specific operations that result in assessments and recommendations for collection requirements and operational testing methodology. CMOs will utilize client-specific databases to conduct multiple layers of research and write summaries, reports, official correspondence, and guidance. Daily activities include:
- Guide intelligence collection and dissemination by serving as the bridge between the client and intelligence community
- Draft questions and areas for follow-up and work with the client to draft reports that convey the information accurately and clearly
- Provide operational guidance for ongoing cases, ensuring any CI issues are identified to protect the client’s personnel and facilities
- Establish and identify intelligence collection requirements, validate sources and evaluate intelligence production
- Provide briefings on cases to senior officials and identifying potential issues
- TS/SCI with Polygraph and 3 years of experience as a Collection Management Officer and prior experience supporting HUMINT operations.
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- CMO Certification is a plus
- Ability to plan and organize tasks independently
- Exercise sound operational judgment
- Strong written and oral communication, organization, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to pose creative solutions to operational challenges
Orbis Operations is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Feel free to contact directly:
6849 Old Dominion Drive, Suite 370
McLean, VA 22101
Phone: (301) 717-2411 Fax: (303) 945-7965
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: No
- Spouse Friendly: No