Hot Fill – OPNAV N96 Future Surface Combatant Consultant – Pentagon – POC in Listing
Posted by Steve Fisher on December 4, 2017
To apply to this job, contact Steve Fisher.
RGS Point of Contact – Kara Reed, Sr. Corporate Recruiter, 703-879-3591 firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Title: OPNAV N96 Future Surface Combatant Consultant
The Chief of Naval Operations (OPNAV) headquarters staff at the Pentagon, supports the warfighter by setting requirements, budgeting resources, and managing programs for many different Navy programs. The Surface Warfare Directorate, OPNAV N96, fulfills these tasks for some of the nation’s most important defense programs.
The Candidate shall provide Program Requirements Management at the Resource Sponsor level to OPNAV N96 branches and associated resourced programs. The tasks below are integral to the execution and modernization of legacy, current, and future integrated combat systems, above water sensors, surface ship weapons, air and missile defense systems, undersea warfare systems, command and control systems, unmanned vehicles, navigation systems, training, open architecture, interoperability and Joint and Coalition initiatives.
- Contractor shall have a minimum of ten (10) years of hands-on experience performing operational functions in addition to applying mission associated concepts, policies, requirements processes, and program guidance.
- Experience includes regular interactions with senior leadership internal and external to affiliated organization.
- Shall provide expert level JCIDS and PPBE support and have extensive knowledge and experience in schedule and performance/technical aspects of current, future, and interrelated programs.
- Shall have modeling and simulation and war gaming experience.
- Ability to provide recommendations for acquisition milestone events and other program documentation, in accordance with government regulations and OSD guidance.
- Assist the Government in the development and coordination of Flag and Secretariat level briefings, as required.
- Provide review, evaluation and recommendations of Future Naval Capabilities programs and their transition to programs of record.
- Maintain strong relationships and open communications with NAVSEA program offices, Fleet commands and related government activities and industries under contract to NAVSEA programs, Fleet commands and associated Program Offices.
- Experience working in OPNAV or Navy.
- Strong PowerPoint and Excel skills.
- Operational experience on a Navy surface combatant would be beneficial.
- Demonstrate knowledge with U.S. surface combatant platforms and associated war-fighting characteristics and capabilities for platforms, including experience with Littoral Combat Ships, DDG 1000, DDG 51, Aegis Weapon System, and other Navy ACAT 1 Programs.
- Provide recommendations and reviews of future capabilities studies. This will include prioritizing capability needs, reviewing data, producing reports, identifying positive and negative trend data, and making recommendations.
- Ability to provide senior level guidance and expertise in Naval surface warfare operations analysis, PPBE process, operational research, modeling and simulation, systems engineering, and systems analysis. This will include reviewing data, producing reports, reviewing and providing feedback on implementing policy changes, identifying positive and negative trend data and providing recommendations for problem resolution.
- Shall have existing extensive knowledge of the DDG 1000 program, DDG Flight III destroyers, and the Future Surface Combatant development process and shall display expert level of understanding of program requirements while performing all efforts related to this task.
Clearance: Top Secret
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: No
- Spouse Friendly: No