Higher Headquarters Intelligence Analyst
Posted by firstname.lastname@example.org on January 11, 2019
To apply to this job, click here.
The Higher Headquarters Intelligence Analyst reports to and receives work direction derivatives from the Project Manager. The Intelligence Operations Analyst will perform the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Possesses detailed and functional knowledge of the Marine Corps and joint/combined Planning Process and Marine Corps and joint doctrine related to Intelligence Operations.
- Conducts tactical and operational planning at the conceptual, functional, and detailed levels for service and functional component organizations and joint headquarters organizations in the area of emphasis.
- Advises and performs the functional responsibilities of event billets that may include but are not limited to General and Joint staff sections for service and functional component headquarters and Joint Force Headquarters per area of emphasis.
- Performs research of concepts, and plans and conducts analysis of factual data. Prepares reports, briefs, and documents to support event scenario development and higher and adjacent headquarters functions.
- Participates in and conducts reviews and structured walk-throughs of events, operation orders and plans, and information gathering requirements.
- Creates and edits documents, analyzes problem areas, and suggests feasible solutions.
- Attends conferences and meetings at the resident site and other locations off site.
- Assists in reviewing classified material and recommends a lesser classification for use in events, models, simulations, demonstrations, reports, and briefings.
- Communicates and coordinates with the Intelligence Coordination Cell (ICC), Exercise Control Group Higher Headquarters, Opposing Force Branch Head, Head Observer Collector, and Exercise Control Officer for possible inclusion/injection of TS/SCI information into MSTP supported exercises and events.
- Participates in Exercise Scenario Development Conferences at the TS/SCI security level to support the exercise design process for MSTP supported exercises and events.
- Provides H&AHQ SCI-level threat-force orders-of-battle, as well as those forces capabilities, vulnerabilities, and intentions to ICC Lead and COMOPFOR for possible inclusion/injection of MEF TSCIF inputs during MEFEX.
- Coordinates with the on-site SSO and SIO prior to including/injecting any information obtained within the SCIF into or from MSTP supported exercises.
- Coordinates with ICC and MAGTF TSCIF for use of TS/SCI information in MSTP supported MEFEXs and Mission Rehearsal Exercises.
- Screens/reviews TSCIF products produced to represent the OPFOR in MSTP supported MEFEX/MEBEX and LSEs. Coordinates with the on-site SSO and SIO prior to including/injecting any information obtained within the SCIF into or from MSTP supported exercises.
- Works closely with the MSTP IMA Detachment during the development and execution of MEFEX/MEBEXs and LSEs.
- Assists the MSTP IMA Detachment with exercise information, systems training/familiarization, and role-playing responsibilities.
- Adjusts work hours and External Elements ESMD billet description as necessary to support fully functional 24 hour continuous operations during events.
- Performs those duties listed under Military Analyst and is prepared to assume the role of an event OTC to support the MSTP MAGTF Branch when required.
- Reviews, revises, writes, and provides comments on Marine Corps and joint doctrine documents, best practices, and TTP not covered by doctrine (i.e., Marine Corps Interim Publication, MSTP Pamphlet).
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described
- Bachelor’s degree is required; major in operations research, management, military science, or equivalent area is desired.
- Service equivalent of Intelligence Collections Officer/Management Course
- Minimum three years of experience in military training and education.
- Attendance at Intermediate Level School such as Marine Corps CSC or completion of equivalent nonresident course required.
- Attendance at SAW or Top Level School is preferred.
- Minimum eight years of operational experience in deployment and employment of tactical and operational intelligence organizations, processes, functions, and related equipment focuses on answering the MEF/MEB and subordinate Commander’s critical information requirements.
- Minimum three years of demonstrated knowledge of military doctrine, tactics, and command relationships at the operational command level as measured by actual operational force employment experience.
- Direct participation in real world operations is desired.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to develop and execute H&AHQ level Intelligence Collection Plans, Annex B’s, organize and run a Collections Working Group meeting, and develop (INTSUM) Intelligence Summaries.
- Strong knowledge of Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance platforms and capabilities is highly desired.
- Ability to use C2PC, chat rooms, and Adobe connect is highly desired.
- Strong communication and presentation skills. Able to read, write, and communicate effectively in English. Able to design and write clear communications and present training programs.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent organizational, planning and prioritization skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Required to sit for extended periods of time and maintain focus
- Daily travel in local area during work day (including use of personal vehicle)
SPECIAL POSITION NOTATIONS
- Ability to obtain or have a TS/SCI security clearance
- Requires 0% – 5% travel
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: Yes
- Spouse Friendly: No