Heavy Equipment Operator/Truck Driver
Posted by Edward Wakeley on December 4, 2017
To apply to this job, click here.
VSE Corporation is currently seeking the skill-sets of a Heavy Equipment Operator with four (4) years’ experience to work at the Equipment Concentration Site (ECS) 24 Indiantown Gap, PA., with the following skills:
- The Heavy Equipment Operator operates heavy equipment such as cranes, clamshells, power shovels, motor graders, heavy loaders, carryalls, bulldozers, rollers, scrapers, and large industrial tractors with pan or scrapper attachments.
- Operator may grease, adjust and make emergency repairs to equipment. Service Requirement includes operation and operational 10 level maintenance of self-propelled transportation and other mobile equipment (except aircraft) used to move materials or passengers, including motor vehicles, tactical vehicle systems, engineering and construction equipment, tractors, etc., some of which may be equipped with power takeoff and controls to operate special purpose equipment. (Maintenance includes 10 level maintenance including brake and battery
- This includes operation of electric, diesel, or gasoline powered fork lift trucks to move, stack and unstack, and load and unload materials in and about warehouses, storage areas, loading docks, and on and off vehicles, etc.
- Equipment includes operations non-vehicular including but not limited to Small engine, electric, gas and diesel operated generators, generated light sets, and load banks.
- Operates a variety of diesel powered equipment to include generators, wheeled/track vehicles, semi-trailer combinations with up to 70 ton capacity. Equipment hauled includes heavy engineer equipment which may be oversized and/or overweight. Ensures that load weights are properly distributed, tied down/secured, and that all safety requirements are accomplished.
- Performs preventive maintenance checks and services (PMCS).
- Takes oil samples in accordance with Army Oil Analysis Program (AOAP) procedures.
- Properly prepares and posts required documentation for dispatching equipment and AOAP sampling
- May be required to operate equipment on and off the installation on public roads at highway speeds loaded or unloaded.
- Exercises/operates a variety of commercial, tactical, combat, material handling, and engineering equipment on periodic basis to prevent damage due to dry seals, gaskets, and corrosion of parts.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Subject to working out-of-doors during periods of inclement weather. Is exposed to serious injuries while operating vehicles over public roads and on the installation. Works on concrete floors and in drafty areas. May be exposed to fumes, fluids, dirt, battery acids, etc., resulting in bruises, cuts, burns, and skin irritation Wearing of hearing protection and other safety equipment is required during all periods of exposure to hazardous conditions.
A valid state Class “A” Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) is required.
HAZMAT and Tanker Endorsement are preferred.
Driving record will be reviewed during the hiring process.
Military vehicle experience preferred.
Must pass Drug Screening and Background Check.
- Location: Ft. Indiantown Gap, PA, Ft. Indiantown Gap, PA ,
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: No
- Spouse Friendly: No