Gunsmith I – Lakehurst, NJ
Posted by Edward Wakeley on December 5, 2017
To apply to this job, click here.
VSE Corporation is currently seeking the skill-sets of a Small Arms Repairer to work at the Equipment Concentration Site (ECS) 27, Lakehurst, NJ with the following skills:
- The candidate is responsible to perform detailed assembly and disassembly of foreign and domestic small arms weapons including small arms inspection.
- This employee possesses knowledge of the tools (i.e. hammers, punches, files, stones, etc.) and gauges needed to perform assigned duties, has limited knowledge in the operation of gun-smiting machinery such as lathes, milling machines, surface grinders, etc., as well as limited knowledge of tooling used with those machines.
- The Gunsmith has knowledge of basic shop safety procedures needed to work in a small arms environment, performs support functions for the shop, to include bead blasting and preparing metal parts for refinishing.
- Other support functions include, but are not limited to, ammo inventory and residue turn-in, publication and catalog updates, tool andcapital equipment maintenance, calibration control, weapons cleaning and organizational level weapons maintenance.
- This person may assist primary instructor in conducting the Armorer’s courses on specific small arms systems.
- Five (5) years total experience in military – familiar with military maintenance system to include small arms repair
- Successfully completed an accredited small arms repair course
- Have or be able to attain a SECRET security clearance
- High School Education or GED
- Familiarity with ULLS-G, SAMS-E and GCSS-A.
- Must pass drug testing.
- Location: Lakehurst/Dix NJ, Lakehurst, NJ ,
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: No
- Spouse Friendly: No