To apply to this job, click here.
POSITION: Graphic Artist IV
LOCATION: Suitland, MD
STATUS: Immediate need!
CLEARANCE: Must have active Top Secret clearance
BENEFITS: 401K, Life/Health/ Dental/Disability Insurance, Paid Time Off, and Tuition Reimbursement.
DESCRIPTION: This position serves as a graphic artist for the Naval Intelligence Office.
Essential Job Functions include:
- Apply knowledge of both visual arts methods, techniques, and materials and the subject matter to be depicted in order to develop various design/visual aid projects.
- Serve in a major role, transforming and interpreting ideas and information into visual products (i.e., illustrations, publications, exhibits, a sequence of visual aids to accompany a speech, training classes, or briefings). Although some visual products have been produced before on the same general subject matter and in the same general manner of presentation, projects to be completed typically require departure from past design/production approaches used in order to create a new visual effect; adjust to differences in time, funding, location/space available; or change/emphasize certain details/aspects of the subject matter itself.
- Develop and design layouts across all mediums, both print and electronic, that have a clear focus, theme, and message for intended audiences.
- Transform spoken or written descriptions of items, processes, issues, events, or ideas – without benefit of existing pictures, models, or diagrams – into original designs, concepts, or visual treatments/representations that present and clearly communicate the concepts for printed publications, presentation materials, or exhibits.
- Meet with the customer (e.g., author, editor, or program official) to learn the information objectives of the project, points to be emphasized, relationships to be stressed, and the relative degree of importance of various pieces of the information to be disseminated.
- Plan, research, and collaborate with others on the subject matter to be depicted or presented.
- Make initial decisions on design matters (e.g., size, layout, kind and quality of materials, medium, color schemes, typography, lighting effects, or specific visual elements to be incorporated (e.g., photos, illustrations, videos, etc.)). Determine how best to present specified subject matter information, to include assessing whether there is sufficient information and visual material immediately available and identifying possible sources of additional information and material needed to develop a visual product. Also decide which images, views, or artifacts to present and how to achieve visual emphasis through size, color, texture, and variations in the degree of detail, typography, lighting, or location.
- Deliver and perform ongoing maintenance/revision of multi-media rich presentations in support of a long-term project.
- Deliver infographics and presentations in support of emerging requirements.
- Coordinate product development with the customer to ensure that Federal standards and expectations are met and that any and all products conform to the desired specifications.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Shall possess knowledge and expertise required to plan visual products that interpret subject matter content information provided by the customer.
- Shall possess the capability to develop a full range of high-quality, visually attractive graphic design services (e.g., planning, designing, developing, executing, producing, duplication, etc.).
- Shall possess proficiency in both print and online design.
- Shall possess demonstrated experience with Adobe Creative Suite (i.e., Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) and Microsoft Office.
- Shall possess expertise in interdepartmental coordination and communication.
- Desired: Possess a demonstrated ability to perform digital multimedia storytelling.
Required Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree in Design (e.g., graphics, marketing, etc.) or a related field -AND- eight (8) years of general experience and five (5) years of relevant graphics or marketing experience, to include management of the complete design process from conceptualization to delivery.
**MUST HAVE ACTIVE Top Secret CLEARANCE**
EOE. Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Patricio Enterprises Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Location: , Suitland, Maryland ,
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: Yes
- Spouse Friendly: No