Geospatial Intelligence (GEOINT)Technical Advisor(Afghanistan)(S clearance) – POC in Listing
Posted by Steve Fisher on December 6, 2017
To apply to this job, contact Steve Fisher.
National Military Intelligence Center Geospatial Intelligence Technical Advisor
The personnel of the DCOM-A G2 Intelligence Training and Advisory Group (INTAG) are responsible for developing, enabling and advising the Assistant Ministry of Defense Intelligence (AMoD-I), General Staff Intelligence (GSG2) Staff, National Military Intelligence Center (NMIC), and elements of the National Military Command Center (NMCC) in intelligence operations, policy, doctrine, planning, programming, management, staff supervision, process and intelligence oversight in support. All contract INTAG personnel will maintain a deliberate focus on Intelligence Institution Building and Critical Functions using DOTMLPF and associated methodologies or an alternative provided by the military or government contract leads.
Responsibilities and Deliverables:
A) Train, advise and assist the National Military Intelligence Center (NMIC) Geospatial-Intelligence (GEOINT) Department Chief and staff analysts. Responsible for the integration of GEOINT Intelligence Preparation of the Battlefield (IPB), Common Operating Picture, Human Geography and Geospatial Data Management within the NMIC GEOINT staff.
B) Train, Advise and Assist NMIC GEOINT Analysts:
1. With thedevelopmentofthe NMIC GEOINT Analysts in GEOINT IPB
2. To define the environment by gathering basic facts needed to outline the exact location of the mission or area of interest (AoI).
3. To graphically display physical, political, and ethnic boundaries.
4. To describe influences of the environment by providing descriptive information about the area defined in Mission AoI.
5. To identify existing natural conditions, infrastructure, and cultural factors.
6. To consider all details that may affect a potential operation in the area: weather, vegetation, roads, facilities, population, languages, social, ethnic, religious, and political factors.
7. To layer this information onto the foundation developed in GEOINT IPB using FalconView, Google Earth, PiX Today Mapping Applications, or other geographic information tools.
8. To assess threats and hazards drawn from multiple intelligence disciplines, onto foundation and descriptive information layers using FalconView, PiXToday mapping applications or other available geographic tool.
9. To include information that includes order-of-battle; size and strength of enemy or threat; enemy doctrine; the nature, strength, capabilities and intent of area insurgent groups; effects of possible chemical/biological threats.
10. With collaborating with other NMIC counterparts and other Afghan National Security agencies.
11. To develop analytic conclusions and integrate all information from GEOINT IPB Processes to develop analytic conclusions and predictive analysis.
12. In basics of human geography techniques: monitor their area of responsibility, gather and evaluate human geographic data to build geospatial data layers that serve as a foundation for analytic work.
13. To discover relationships and trends, anticipate behaviors, and communicate these results through multi-source geospatial-intelligence products.
14. In creating Common Operating Picture (COP) displays and/or products using FalconView, PiX Today mapping tools or other geographic information tool.
15. In developing GEOINT product templates for the NMIC.
16. In use and management of geospatial data (Raster, Vector and Elevation).
17. In the use of tabular data, excel spread sheets to build shapefiles using Excel2FV in FalconView or other geographic information tool.
C) Coordinate with GSG2 Geospatial-Intelligence Directorate (GSG2 GEO DIR) Advisor to ensure all product templates are added to NIMS for use throughout the ANDSF.
D) Assists the GSG2 GEOINT DIR Advisor in any additional duties that would require supporting other agencies of the ANDSF.
A) RecentstrategicoroperationalexperienceinMoDorAfghanGeneralStaffenvironments,strategicintelligence agencies,inter-agencystrategicoperationspreferablyin AfghanistanorIraqtraininginternationalforces,asa Senior LevelGovernment,MilitaryOfficer,SeniorNCOorcontractorassignedto likepositions.
B) Experienceinoneofthefollowingdisciplines:Imagery/Terrain, RequestsforInformationManagement,GEOINT,Targeting, IntelligenceAnalyst/WatchOfficer,AnalysisandProduction,multi-echelonintelligencefusion,intelligencebusinessoperations,individualagency/ directoratefunctions,buildingintelligenceinstitutionsandProgramManagement.
C) Practical knowledge ofMicrosoftOffice Suite.
D) Experienceinprofessionaldevelopment&trainingandworkingwithMiddleEasternor CentralAsian cultures,isdesired.
E) Candidate must meet all physical, medical and other requirements for overseas deployment in accordance with current DoD regulations. Candidate must possess a fitness level appropriate to performing work in a field environment and current medical exam completed within the past 12 months. Candidate must have been tested and present proof of a negative HIV test result performed within six months of deployment. Dental and medical readiness must be up to date and candidate must maintain a current US Passport.
F) Candidate must hold a current SECRET Level Security Clearance (Previously granted and never revoked or suspended). If chosen, Candidate must remain armed in accordance with New Century Policies throughout the duration of employment in country.
About the Company:
New Century is a leading global provider of police and military intelligence capacity building services. We work for the U.S. government to train and mentor foreign security forces that are supporting U.S. military and foreign policy objectives. These services include development of doctrine, skills transfer (mentoring, advising, training), institutional capacity-building, and other tailored security solutions. New Century focuses on building capacity on the local national level. New Century corporately is composed of a New Century Consulting, Ltd, the UK parent company based in London, and New Century US (NCC, Inc.), based in Washington DC.
If interested, please apply via our website under the careers section at www.newcenturyus.com
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: No
- Spouse Friendly: No