Posted by tsirecruiting on November 8, 2018
To apply to this job, click here.
TechOp Solutions is building a team of talented professionals that possess the experience, vision, commitment and integrity to successfully support the strategic goals of The Department of Homeland Security’s Privacy Office.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support the DHS Privacy Office’s FOIA Team with the Intake process – receiving, reviewing, and assigning new FOIA requests for further review by the Team lead before they are assigned to a processor.
- Monitor the FOIA Headquarters Inbox
- Accept emails that are proper FOIA requests, intra/interagency consultations, and referrals; Enter same into FOIAXpress database for processing, document collection, review, and final responses to the requesters
- Formally acknowledge those requests that are overly broad and require more information; Close outstanding requests where supporting information is not received after 30 days
- Respond to and/or transfer misdirected correspondence and requests
- Monitor incoming postal mail and delivered requests and handle in the same manner as emailed requests
- Respond to email and telephone inquiries seeking status updates on outstanding requests
- Submit weekly production reports to FOIA Team Production Manager
- Attend weekly review meetings with FOIA Intake Team to discuss best practices with new and significant requests
- Attend weekly FOIA Staff meetings and All Hands Privacy Office meetings and training sessions when scheduled.
•Bachelor degree from accredited college or university required
•2+ years’ experience required
•Background with FOIA required; experience in Privacy Compliance Reviews preferred
•CIPP Certification a plus
•Applicants selected must have a completed Department of Defense (DoD) NACLC investigation and need to meet all DHS security eligibility requirements
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: No
- Spouse Friendly: No