Posted by email@example.com on April 20, 2018
To apply to this job, click here.
The Fires Instructor will support C2TECOE in operations, instruction, and system administrator of AFATDS, EMT, JADOCS, JADOCS System Administrator, StrikeLink, Precision Strike Suite – Special Operations Force (PSS-SOF) and DFIC (Digital Fires Interoperability Course) as well as future Fires systems courses. This will include assisting the course chief with curriculum development processes involving these areas of instruction. The Fires Instructor reports to and receives work direction from the Academics Manager/Site Lead.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide instruction on the installation, configuration, operation, integration and maintenance of military tactical maneuver command and control systems dedicated to Fires functionality, to include AFATDS, EMT, StrikeLink, PSS-SOF, and JADOCS systems and applications. Maintain these applications and associated hardware by configuring and troubleshooting each system per supporting technical documentation in a classroom training and COC collective staff training environment.
- Reconfigure Fires systems for classroom instruction when required.
- Provide guidance to individuals to reconfigure CTP systems for exercises.
- Validate instructional material on Fires systems.
- Provide feedback and recommendations on training curriculum improvements and system and application upgrades on Fires Systems to the Course Chief.
- Maintain currency and provide instruction in service, joint, multi-national and coalition position location reporting and track management processes and procedures to support Fires management, integration practices and procedures, and military operational planning and plans execution.
- Conduct COC battle drill demonstrations to Operating Force Marines.
- Travel to conduct on-site instruction and technical assistance as required to include field training environments and participate in mobile training teams.
- Participate in Course Content Review Boards (CCRBs), Learning Analysis, Master Lesson File (MLF) Reviews, meetings and conferences as recommended by the on-site government representative.
- Collect and submit all course evaluation data, and trend reports to the site director and course chief at a minimum on a quarterly basis.
- Maintains course history folders for AFATDS, EMT, JADOCS, StrikeLink, PSS-SOF and DFIC courses in accordance with the C2TECOE Academic SOP.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Formal AFATDS, EMT, JADOCS, StrikeLink, PSS-SOF and DFIC Systems courses covering both operations and system administration.
- Formal School Instructor/Basic Instructor Course or Instructional Systems Design Course.
- Officer/SNCO intermediate or career level school or service equivalent.
- Minimum of four years of documented experience instructing and employing the respective systems to support MAGTF operations to include COC watch stander operations.
- Possess knowledge of the products developed by the C2 systems to support the MCPP and systems utilization in plans execution for current operations.
- Direct participation in real world operations is required with a preference for participation in Operation Iraqi Freedom/Operation Enduring Freedom.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Detailed knowledge of Marine Corps Systems Approach to Training.
- Strong communication and presentation skills. Able to read, write, and communicate effectively in English. Able to design and write clear communications and present training programs.
- Required to sit or stand for extended periods of time and maintain focus.
- Periodic travel is required for this position.
Must have an active Secret clearance.
- Salary: Not provided
- Clearance Required: Yes
- Spouse Friendly: No